“Would stay here again”
Review of Days Inn Selma

Days Inn Selma
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Selma
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We had a good experience with this hotel for a weekend softballball tourney; the beds were comfortable and the linens were in good repair. The halls were very hot but we weren't sleeping there! Given the other choices in the area, we would stay here again. They let us check in at 12 noon, that was a nice plus. The lady at the desk noticed that we had a lot of stuff and immediately asked if I wanted a first floor room as there is no elevator. Breakfast was very nice, nice choices, Even had Fruit Loops for my son!! Ice machine was out of ice in the morning but there was plently at night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Why is it so hard to find a decent place to stay off of 1-95 in North Carolina? We chose this Days Inn because we saw it advertised in one of the hotel flyers you get at the Travelers' center. $49.95, how bad could it be, right?
The room smell like mold and disinfectant, the A/C pumped out muggy air. The towels looked like something you would wash your car with, with torn and ragged edges, and so thin you could see through them. The hair dryer was out of 1972, yellowed plastic, which put out a sputtering of air.
The bedsprings poked me in the back all night.
I had to sleep with a sheet over my nose to block out the smell of the room. It was one of the worse nights' sleep I have had in a long time.
The "deluxe breakfast " was inedible.
Our bill came to over $70 because they ignored the coupon. Upon checkout I gave them the towel to show them what a rag it was, and asked them not to charge me $23.00 they have listed for their luxury towels, should you chose to purchase one.
It will be interesting to see if the non-existant manager straightens out the bill.
The problem is they know you are a one-time customer who will never be back, so why bother to make any changes, but what they don't count on is word of mouth reviews.
I think we will drive straight through on the way home.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel is not up to the Days Inn standards.The physical address and the GPS address are not the same! No air in dinning area and halls. Mold in the bathroom. Pool dirty and I was expected to unstop my own toilet. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I would like to recommed this hotel. Everyone was really nice to me when i check in, I need some extra towels and the front desk clerk was really nice and took them directly to room. The hotel have really nice, clean rooms. The breakfast was one of the things I enjoy the most at my stay. With a dicent price you get all the amenities like five stars hotels. Definetly I would be back on my return trip.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I am not a person who usually writes reviews, but with this experience, I was forced to.
When we first checked in (it was a Friday night), the room smelled like strong mold and mildew (and this is with the AC on!). The person at the front was nice and kind and switched the room. The second room seemed clean and smelled much better. But a few hours later, I found a bed bug (a big one!) on one bed and a smaller one on the other bed! I went back to the front desk to let them know and to change the room. (it was already past 2:00am so leaving and driving around with kids to find another hotel was not a good option). The man at the front desk said there were no other rooms to give me and there was nothing he could do. He gave me a business card and told me I can call the manager in the morning if I wanted to. Then I asked if they can at least change the bedding. The clerk told me that there was no one available to change them. He can give me sheets for me to change them myself!!! Can you believe that?!? So again I agreed. He came to my room and handed me a stack of sheets. So I went on and changed the beds (2 queen beds). The sheets by the way were old and full of rips and holes. We had a horrible night and could not sleep. I called in the morning to speak to the manager, but yet again there was no manager there. The front clerk (now a lady) told me the manager won't be back till late Monday morning. I asked how I can get in touch with any one else in charge or other management available, but she told me there was no one. Then I asked for the managers number but she wouldn't give it to me. Then I asked the clerk to call the manager and have her call me. The clerk told me that she doesn't have any way to contact the manager. I was in shock! I find that very hard to believe! I asked her what would they do in case something happens if they can't call the manager? She said they dial 911. She told me I can leave a message for the manager on her office voicemail. So that's what I did. Still no response back. I just want to speak to someone in charge to let them know what is going on in their own hotel. I am still waiting for a response. Very disappointing!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Checked in late afternoon and was greeted by the dirtiest room ever; sheets, pillowcases, and bathroom were filthy and smelled. The linens had dirt, hair, and pen markings all over them. When I went to the front desk to switch rooms the front desk agent told me she wasn't allowed per the manager. When asked if I can speak to the manager I was told we have no contact info for the manager (really?!?!?!) and in case of any kind of emergency they were to conatct 911. The least the could do was changed the sheets(which they expect you to do). Incredible!!! Then onec I get a hold of the manager he says that the Days Inn does not provide 100% customer satisfaction, OMG!!!! I recommend to NEVER stay here EVER!!!!!!

Room Tip: Yeah NEVER stay here...Its the worst hotel I ever stayed at and Im a traveler
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2012

If for some crazy reason you do decide to stay here, do not use the hotel discount booklet. They will charge you whatever they want because you are using a coupon. Also, do not plan to call ahead to obtain a price. They will give you one price and when you get there charge you another...such as for their pet policy. I was quoted $10.00 for the first pet and $15.00 for the second pet. Apparently, the chick at the front desk had no idea what she was talking about. Kids also are supposed to be free...even according to the hotel website. Nope! They charge $7.00/child.
The room is apparently remodeled. However, what they fail to tell you is that there is no exhaust fan in the bathroom. Therefore, you have an absurd amount of mold growing on the bathroom ceiling and on the tub. Disgusting and also very unhealthy to guests. I wonder if the EPA could do something about this?
You can hear everyone in the hallway as the doors are super thin. Don't plan on getting any sleep when you are here.
The breakfast is full of unhealthy generic non-tasting food. The juice is uber sweet and there was no milk for the cereal. Forget fruit, yogurt, or anything that hasn't been mass produced.
The pool is the size of a hot tub and looks like it hasn't been cleaned in ages.
This place is owned by your typical independent hotel owner (Meet Patel) trying to take every possible dollar out of your pocket so that he can open up another Subway, Dunkin Donuts, gas station...or send money to India.
Please do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere. This place is not worth the hassle. I wish that I would have read the other reviews but unfortunately we picked this place at the spur of the moment. Huge mistake!

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend any rooms unless you plan to spend an arm and a leg.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
mitspramukh, Manager at Days Inn Selma, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you so much for taking time out, and bringing our attention to this matter. At check in you were told about the rate, extra persons charge and the pet fee, after agreeing to this you checked into the hotel. The hotel had refunded your money well before your review.

Again thank you very much.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Quality Inn
Best Western Smithfield Inn
Best Western Smithfield Inn
#2 of 10 in Smithfield
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Smithfield

Been to Days Inn Selma? Share your experiences!