“Maybe it was a bad day for them”

Westmoore Family Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Seagrove
Cuisines: American
Description: "The best restaurant in the area. Big pottery area visited by lots of tourists".
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We picked the restaurant because of the reviews we saw and the location (near Jugtown Pottery). We eat at lots of local, independent, "out of the way" restaurants, so we generally know what to expect. This restaurant was a bit below those expectations.

I got the rotisserie chicken. It had an off flavor. Squash casserole was pretty much boiled squash and cheeze whiz...or so it seemed. (My wife had asked if the squash casserole had dairy in it. Our server, an otherwise friendly person, told us, "I don't know. I've never eaten it," and bustled away. Hint to servers: "I don't know but I'll be happy to ask," is a much better response.) Garden peas were straight out of the can. I don't mind out of the can as long as it's seasoned a bit. These weren't. My wife's fish was OK...but just.

I can't recommend Westmoore Family Restaurant given that there are other choices in the area.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

The restaurant is accessible to anyone. It is large, but warm atmosphere. Everyone is nice to you. The food is hot and fresh. The restaurant is decorated in a way that fits the atmosphere of Seagrove, NC. It's a good place to eat and we can understand why the locals keep it busy.

Thank Charlie and Cin... W
Reviewed June 20, 2012

You can easily share a meal. Great food! Super busy place but good service.

Reviewed February 8, 2012

Overpriced but food is good and plentiful. It gets very crowded on Sunday afternoons.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

The Seagrove area in North Carolina is the NC pottery capital and gets a lot of tourists. The small town I go to (Star) is about 15 miles away and the meals are worth the drive. When in town, if I want a really good meal, I go to Westmoore. Their variety is good as are their prices.