“Squeaky clean, quiet, and wonderful staff”
Review of Scotland Neck Inn

Scotland Neck Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Scotland Neck
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stopped through Scotland Neck on our way to the Sylvan Heights Bird park and it was a wonderful experience. The rooms were the cleanest I've seen and the beds were extremely comfortable. The owners were also very kind and helpful. I've seen a few comments on here about cats, however,..there are only a few cats and they live outside. I don't see this as an issue whatsoever to the guests that are staying in the hotel and the entire hotel was clean and well-kept inside and out.
We will be back to Scotland Neck! :).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank hoolia8
There are newer reviews for Scotland Neck Inn

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Small town with not a lot going on or to go to. This hotel looked very nice and the grounds were upkept. We could park the tractor trailer behind the hotel - plenty of space. Pet friendly with a $10 fee - but when we asked the desk clerk, she asked if we were going to keep the cat in a cage while in the room. Seemed very strange as they had about 4 feral cats that she fed outside, one was sitting in the lobby and she told us she had several others of her own in one of the rooms. To hell with that - my cat is allowed free roaming in any room we go to! The room was neat and clean, plenty of channels on the TV, mini-fridge, microwave, coffe maker all came with the room as well. However, there is no place near to find a meal unless you walk the block and a half to the Food Lion market and pick up something there. While there is a breakfast room for the complimentary breakfast in the morning, as there is a real lack of guests in the hotel, any morning fare is limited to coffee. Did not see any more than 2 cars in the parking lot the 2 nights we stayed there. And the only real attraction was a huge cotton field next to the hotel. The only other problem we encountered was the internet was extremely intermittent and it took hours to try and type just one email! The signal kept going in and out the whole time we were there. Otherwise, if you need a quick place to stay, bring your own food and you could be comfortable here for at least one evening.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank ginny110411
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I had an occasion to stay at this property when attending a wedding. I must say that the management was wonderful, the rooms were clean and stocked with ammenities. I was walking our dog when I noticed that cats were about the property. They seemed to be well fed and well cared for and I thought they just might be cats from around the neighborhood. When I commented to desk about the cats I was told that the cats were strays that they take care of. I am very impressed to know that they care for animals. I am also pleased that they have smoking and pets rooms available. The rates are good, they have a pool, complimentary breakfast, and coffee is available at no charge all day. Cannot say anything bad about this moptel, it was great!

Room Tip: If you have a pet or smoke, ask for a room on the end of the unit. I did and it was most convenient.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Christine T
Reviewed April 1, 2012

While visiting in Scotland Neck on a photographic outing, I stayed at the Scotland Neck Inn and found it to be unusually clean, in fact cleaner than several high end lodging that I've experienced. The proprietors were extremely courteous and helpful. Although I hoped to pet the cats, they clearly stayed at a distance. This is the quietest lodging I've ever enjoyed and I hope to stay at this inn at any time I'm in the vicinity.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank sue b
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Nice place, very convienent. Staff was helpful and very nice. Will certainly stay again next time we are in town. Love the kitties!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Time2GoSomewhere
Reviewed March 17, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Scotland Neck Inn in March, '11 in conjunction with a photo workshop at the Scotland Neck Waterfowl Park. Besides one Bed & Breakfast, the Inn is the only accommodation in Scotland Neck. Upon our arrival we discovered that there were not sufficient towels in the bathroom as well as no glasses anywhere in the room. The front desk clerk was extremely courteous and provided both towels & glasses right away. Even though there is no real competition for hotel/motel rooms in Scotland Neck, the staff went out of their way to furnish us with missing items.

The Inn offers a very sparse free continental breakfast (cereal, store-bought mini donuts, white bread and coffee) so if you need a full meal before starting your day, you had better go elsewhere.

Unless you really like cats, this may not be the hotel for you. The Inn has "adopted" several stray cats, providing both food and shelter for them right outside the front door. Luckily the cats are fairly shy and do not interfere with guest's going & coming.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Oilman65
Reviewed July 1, 2008

Wow! What a pleasant surprise. My husband, children and I spent a night in at this neat hotel while traveling. The rooms were immaculate. All of the staff was extreamly friendly, and the pool was sparkling clean. We loved our visit to Scotland Neck and will visit again. If you are looking for something nice in the area, I would definately reccomend.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
#1 of 8 in Roanoke Rapids
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Roanoke Rapids SE
Baymont Inn & Suites Rocky Mount North Battleboro
Baymont Inn & Suites Roanoke Rapids

Been to Scotland Neck Inn? Share your experiences!