“Can't wait to go back!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sapphire
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 30, 2010

I always choose Hampton Inns because of their quality and consistency. This particular one is by far one of the nicest I have stayed at. It has a lodge feeling, yet all the modern conveniences. My room had a lovely view of the mountains. The room was very spacious and almost brand-new. There were about a dozen rocking chairs in the front of the hotel from which to take in the fresh mountain air and view. There is an indoor pool which I never had the chance to use, but it looked very inviting. The breakfast was the usual Hampton breakfast and everything was replenished as needed. I am looking forward to returning in the fall to enjoy the wonderful fireplace in the lobby and sip hot chocolate while taking in the beautiful fall foliage!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 5, 2010

I highly recommend this hotel for those looking for a mountain getaway. First, Cashiers and Highlands, NC are so adorable I didn't want to leave. Great food, great shopping and hiking, and all in the gorgeous NC mountains. The hotel is brand new, and really styled well. Very tasteful with a roomy lobby/dining area where they also serve a decent breakfast. Our room was roomy and extremely clean. Modern, granite counters in the bathroom. Amazing bed - one of the most comfy hotel beds ever. Even provide a choice of soft or firm pillows. Both windows opened for fresh mountain air. It was great! We got a king suite with mountain view - really just one large room with separate seating area (couch) but it was worth the $13 upgrade.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank atlbritt
Reviewed August 13, 2009

best place in the area, not too fru fru like some of the "ols" clubs and hotels.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2009

This Hampton Inn beats the other two closest ones by a mile due to the fact that it was recently built. While the one in the Highlands and the one in Brevard still offer fantastic service - this one has true comfort features and feel almost brand new.

It's built like a lodge and has a super comfortable feel. The hallways are wide and spacious - light and lead to clean and comfortable rooms. Excellent bedding, convience of a microwave and a fridge. Morning breakfast starts early and extends through the AM with lots of choices. They even had fresh coffee still available when we checked in at 8 PM.

On the night we stayed we forgot a few things in our haste to get on the road to get our daughters to summer camp in Brevard. The hotel was full with others on the same journey - hence there were a lot of children and a lot of last minute type things. The hotel was accomodating a ton of front desk requests and could not have seemed more pleased to be doing so.

They even have an onsight laundry - on every floor - that came in super handy when I needed to buy, wash and dry a few last minute items for the girls.

Nestled between the Highlands and Brevard @ 10 minutes outside of downtown Cashiers - this would be a fantastic spot to stay if you were taking in the golf courses that dot Hwy 64. Plenty of courses to play and tons of nice restaurants to eat after a day on the course.

We will stay here again as we trek twice a Summer for camp pick up and drop off. We antique, relax and eat along the way. Hampton Inn provides a perfect jumping off point.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2009

This Hampton Inn has a rustic feel being that it's in the mountains. It's really clean & cozy. It's the kind of hotel you would want to stay in when visiting the mountains. I have stayed at hotels all over the country from the Ritz Carlton, Marriott, Omni;etc and I was really impressed with this Hampton. It was more than I expected out of a Hampton & I was really pleased. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was delicious. The rooms were nice. The scenery is beautiful. Cashiers is a beautiful town. It is a bit pricey for a Hampton Inn but then again it's more upscale than an average Hampton.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank BriaNicole
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Cashiers isn't overflowing with lodging choices. I happened to come across this property right outside Cashiers. Too bad TA doesn't list this as a lodging option for Cashiers, I'm sure a lot of people miss out on this property due to it being in tiny Sapphire Valley.

It is indeed new and everything is in immaculate condition. The rooms were spotlessly clean. The lobby is very attractive with soaring ceilings. I enjoyed sitting outside on their rocking chairs. The indoor pool was very nice as well.

The free breakfast was comprised of a selection of cereals, toast and a variety of breads such as muffins and bagels, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, milk and orange juice and one hot selection. Breakfast the first morning of our stay was enjoyable. The hot selection on that day was eggs and sausages. The eggs were the typical pre-made egg "patties", of course, but were decent. The second morning the hot selection was biscuits and gravy. The white gloppy gravy looked disgusting. Who eats that? I'm not a health nut but come on! I don't know why they chose to serve this. It is not a typical Southern breakfast. I'm from the South and not one person I grew up with nor any member of my family dined on biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Yuck! To make matters worse, their orange juice dispenser machine wasn't working so no orange juice was available.

My only other complaint would be regarding their lack of knowledge regarding local recycling collection. I had accumulated a few plastic bottles and soda cans during our stay. I called down to the front desk to ask: Did they accept items for recycling and, if not, did they know who did? The front desk clerk who had been so courteous and helpful when we checked in was caught completely off-guard by this query. She suggested I try the local supermarket. I did and they didn't accept recycling. Thankfully our next hotel, the Asheville Renaissance, did accept recycling. I do think that the hotel should have prepared its staff for questions such as this. We are in the 21st century, after all.

Overall, I was very pleased with this hotel. I will be looking for Hampton Hotels in other locations I visit.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank 8Chocolate
Reviewed November 20, 2008

New property, convienent to all activities. Monk like cleanliness. Excellent breakfast buffet. Be aware that the area is a dry ( no alcohol ) county. Plan ahead. The Hotel also gives you a complimentary membership to the nearby Library Restaurant as well as a discount coupon to the nearby Golf Course Sapphire National. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank GaTemplar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sapphire
The Park On Main Hotel
#5 of 7 in Highlands
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
Skyline Lodge and Restaurant
10 mi away
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.
200 Main
200 Main
#3 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley? Share your experiences!