“Very nice and friendly”

Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sapphire
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel is great. I have stayed here on three separate occasions and each time I leave, I am glad that I chose the hotel. The staff are very friendly and can point out things to do in and around Sapphire / Cashiers.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

I was pleased to hear that you have chosen to stay with us the past three times you were in the area. We do strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms and friendly service. I am happy that you have found us to meet your expectations every time. Thank you for taking the time to post your travel experiences. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

This was an impromptu visit and stay. We arrived late at night after a long day and long drive. With poor cell coverage and limited GPS providing conflicting information, we decided to leave finding our condo for the next day and stayed at the Hampton Inn until daylight. Friendly staff and quiet King room. The Internet was relatively fast and worked well with my own cable and Airport Express. The wifi signal from the hotel worked equally well. Inviting appearance of the hotel from the outside and lobby area. The room was clean and well maintained with a well appointed large bathroom. We did not elect for a mountain view given the night arrival. The window on the back side had view on the mountain flank and trees a few feet away, so no view to speak of and ok in our circumstances. The free breakfast while not my choice was consistent with and typical of similar hotels. I would rate this hotel a 3 based on personal choices and within this class of hotels, I would rate it a 4 out of 5. Thank you for a great stay.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for posting your recent travel experience. I am happy to hear that you thought highly of our hotel. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms and a friendly staff. I hope you consider us again when staying in the area. Again, thank you for posting your experiences for other travellers.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful week in Cashiers/Highlands, NC. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised with the property. We stayed in a mountain view room which was spacious and clean. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable of the area. This was our first time in a hotel as we have always stayed in mountain homes. We highly recommend this Hampton Inn and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Mountain room view. Worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

I am glad to hear that you had a positive experience at our Hampton. When going from a mountain home to a hotel room I am sure your expectations were high. I am glad we met those expectations as you found the room clean and spacious and found our staff warm and inviting. I look forward to your return visit. Thank you for posting!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

"Brenna" at the fornt desk went beyond our expectations for pre-check in coordination and recommended alternative routes for our drive which we used. She was extermely courteous and knowledgeable of the area. The room was exactly as I requested and was clean and attractive. The personnel working the breakfast area kept food and drink available and kept the area spotless. This Hampton Inn and Suites is one of the best and satisfying locations we have used in the Hilton Honors lodging family. Again, Brenna was exceptional in her professionalism, managment, and service. We will defintiely be back.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent travel experience. I am pleased to hear that an employee shined, helping to make your stay even more enjoyable. At Hampton we do strive to provide clean, well maintained rooms and a friendly staff. We look forward to a return visit. Again, thank you for posting.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

The staff went out of their way to make us have a great stay. On Thursday evening we greeted friends in the lobby and the person on duty made us a fresh pot of coffee to enjoy. We sat in the lobby and felt as though we were entertaining in our own living room.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience at our hotel. I am glad that you felt you were at home with us. We do try to make every guest feel as if Hampton is an extension of their own home. Thank you for staying with Hampton and we hope to see you and your friends again in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had a wonderful time in October when we stayed in the Hampton Inn at Cashiers, NC. We have stayed at this hotel several times and have always had positive experience. The management and staff are great and were very helpful. The only thing I wish was that we would be able to get cell phone service....but then again....it's nice getting away from the phone sometimes!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences with other travellers. I am glad to hear that you are a frequent guest and always have a positive experience. Cell phone coverage is definately an issue when travelling to remote areas. Coverage has actually improved the past 5 years and we (along with other citizens in Jackson County) are working with cell phone providers to improve the coverage needed for our area. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I recently spent a few days in this hotel. The hotel appears to be new and is nicely decorated and very clean. Upon checking in, we found that we had been upgraded to a mountain view room. This was greatly appreciated, as our room was on the top floor and the view of the autumn foliage was beautiful. The windows actually open, which allows you to get some fresh mountain air if desired. We had a regular king room which was roomy and comfortable. All furnishings appeared new and showed no signs of wear. We enjoyed the coffee and cookies available in the lobby.

A few negatives: the bed was too soft for our taste, but we adjusted to it. The breakfast is typical Hampton Inn fare and frankly not very good. The lobby had a large fireplace with gas logs, but they were never lit even though it was unseasonably cold outside. Finally on our last day, we asked about it and one of the staff obligingly turned it on. And I understand that this was a peak travel season, but I must say that their rates seemed extremely high even with a AAA discount.

Overall I would recommend this hotel. They provide quality accommodations in this lovely area.

Room Tip: The upper floors on the front of the hotel provide the best view of the mountains.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

I am glad to hear you found our hotel clean and nicely decorated. And having a view during leaf season is definately a treat. I am happy to hear that we were able to provide you with that surprise. We are continually working on updating our furniture and fixtures throughout the entire hotel. On your next visit you should see our new lighting package for the guest rooms. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I value everyones opinion. We will not be able to improve if it is not like travellers like you that takes that time to express their thoughts. We look forward to your return visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sapphire
The Park On Main Hotel
#6 of 7 in Highlands
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
Skyline Lodge and Restaurant
10 mi away
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.
200 Main
200 Main
#3 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley? Share your experiences!