“Hard-To-Find-Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sapphire
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Overall, nothing special. Mildly disappointed, should have been better. Bedding hadn't been changed out in a long time, it was very soft. I ended up spending the night sleeping in the chair. It was much firmer than the bed and got a good night's sleep. Pool was indoor but not heated.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tommy C
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

I understand that you did sleep well on our beds. I know how frustrating it can be not getting a good nights sleep. I will have maintenance check out all the beds to see what type of issue we may be having with the mattress. I am sorry that the pool was not at a temperature that you would have preferred. The indoor pool is a heated pool and is set to 80 degrees which is within the range required by the health department. Thank you for taking the time to express your comments and bringing these issues to my attention. Without guest feedback we cannot improve. I hope to see you on a future visit to our area.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Have family that live in the Glenville area. We always stay at this particular location. Every time we do stay bit always is very pleasant and extremely accomodating. I would recommend this Hotel 100%.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Leonard M
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel accommodating on your recent stay. I am also glad to hear that we can be your 'home' while visiting relatives in the area. Thank you for taking the time to give a review. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel was great. My kids loved the fact that there was a pull out couch. The room was huge and had an oversized refrigerator and a microwave. If we were staying multiple days this would have been helpful. We would definately stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed our hotel. It is true that having a pullout couch is a handy feature. It allows for more room during the day and a special treat for the kids to sleep in a bed that folds up. We have found that having a microwave and fridge in the room helps travellers no matter what there length of stay. The fridge keeps your medicine cool and you have cold drinks ready for when you return from a busy day of mountain activities. We look forward to your next visit and thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

A good place to stay if you are visiting the Cashiers and Highlands area. We came for a couple of days of hiking and waterfalls. Dining in and around both towns are easy from this location. Room comfortable enough, bed good. However; the first day we walked into our room and the a/c was at 64 degrees. We froze. I had to take a hot shower to warm up. After resetting, we were fine. The bed is good, but the pillows are folded into small squares, even after unfolding they were small. I like extra pillows so I got some extra, no problem. Staff very friendly. We would go back, the location was perfect for us.

Room Tip: Mountain view is extra and really doesn't give you much too see. Iwouldn't pay for it again...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I understand you were a bit chilly when you arrived in your room. I would like to apologize that oversite on the room inspectors part. The inspector usually leaves the thermostat at a more comfortable setting. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your visit and that my staff was friendly. It is through reviews like this that we know we are exceeding expectations but need a little improvement in other areas. Again, thank you for taking the time to post.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Found the hotel to be a little dated for Hampton Inns that we've stayed at previously, AC was dated with window unit that made noise when cycling. In addition, the bed was uncomfortable....not what I expect from a Hampton Inn. Stay was ok but will book at another Hampton in Franklin or Cherokee NC. on future visits.

1  Thank Robert M
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your travel reviews. At Hampton we strive to provide you with clean comfortable surroundings but it seems our hotel was not up to your expectations. Even though we are only 7 years old, we have already begun the process of updating the hotel. The TVs were replaced last year and the walls were repainted with the 2 different colors. This year we are working on our guest room lighting which should be completed in late fall. We have other projects in the works and I hope you will drop by when in the area to see our progress. Again, thank you for letting me know your thoughts as it is through guest comments we learn where we can get better.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Went on vacation with my girlfriend. Small quite town. Location was very beautiful. Very romantic. Wish i could have stayed longer. The hotel staff was great. After a long day of hiking, looking at water falls and sightseeing the enclosed pool and jacuzzi was a great additio to the trip. We will be back definitely.

1  Thank Norbert B
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay at Hampton Inn & Suites-Cashiers/Sapphire Valley. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the area as well as the hotel. We are located in a beautiful area with lots of waterfalls and hiking trails to keep you busy all day. I am glad you enjoyed yourself in the pool/whirlpool area. This amenity is well deserved after a long day of hiking. We look forward to your next visit! Again, thank you for posting a review.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed the week leading up to the 4th of July. Never been to the area so we just booked a few nights based on price. Good value. Hotel looks brand new. Very clean and up to date. Decent breakfast in the mornings and hot cookies in the afternoons. Indoor pool and a decent view. 5 minute drive to Cashiers and 20 to Highlands. The hotel is located on the main road, Hwy 64, but the rooms facing the road are not that noisy. Staff was very nice, but they appear to be a bit understaffed. When we arrived no one at the front desk, but a sign stating "Be back in a few minutes, I am help another guest." Poor guy was running all over the place. He was very nice and helpful. The Sapphire area is the best value in the Cashiers/Highland area and this hotel is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bob B
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experiences. We do strive to provide clean comfortable rooms and yummy cookies in the afternoon. I do want to apologize that no one was at the desk to greet you when you first arrived. During the holidays we did have some staffing issues. But rest assured they have been resolved. I hope you will choose to stay with us again while travelling in our area. Again, thank you for posting your comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sapphire
The Park On Main Hotel
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 6 in Sylva
10 mi away
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.
200 Main
200 Main
#3 of 7 in Highlands

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley? Share your experiences!