“Amazing hike with beautiful waterfalls.”
Review of Gorges State Park

Gorges State Park
Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Sapphire
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We've hiked many trails and have seen many waterfalls through the years. The trail to rainbow falls would be in the top 10 in our book. It is a three mile hike with portions that are strenuous but well worth the effort. Allow about three hours to enjoy the surrounding beauty. I would definitely recommend this trail and would love to hike this again!

4  Thank Debbie C
There are newer reviews for Gorges State Park

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The new visitor center is very nice. Lots of interactive stuff for kids. This park has been recently revamped and everything is clean and well maintained. There are lots of good hiking trails with beautiful waterfalls.

3  Thank CXB924
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I are at that age where shear cliffs are a bit too much. Most of this is a wide trail, secure footing, stepping stone crossings, green canopy, beautiful views. It has well marked trails and distances are often given.

7  Thank Thomas R
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Our newest state park is really great. I highly recommend it. Located in really scenic area of county. Drive the loop road, stop and picnic, hike, etc. New visitor center.

1  Thank FrequentTraveler0308
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I struggled to make my way to Gorges State Park as my GPS thought I could drive down the Cane Brake Trail. Once I arrived, I will say they have an amazing visitors center, great facilities and brand new trails. I was a bit disappointed that the Bearwallow Falls Trail took you to an overlook and not the base of the falls, and from pictures in the visitors center, it seemed like Middle Bearwallow Falls was worth a hike as well. The Overlook is grand, minus the power lines running right down the center.... If you are in the area or on your way to Whitewater Falls I would stop. But if you are looking for something to bump off your agenda, there are nicer waterfalls that offer you greater access.

1  Thank TryppAdams