“We count the days until the restaurant opens for the season!”
Review of Osteria Del Monte

Osteria Del Monte
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Sapphire
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Central, SC
“We count the days until the restaurant opens for the season!”
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We have never had anything but excellent food and superb service at Osteria del Monte. We have a place at Lake Toxaway and try to dine here each time we come up the mountain from the Clemson area. During the off season, we go into mourning and cook "in," just waiting for our favorite restaurant to re-open. For one very special occasion, we had ten of us--all family--dining. We made it to the early bird special, and everyone ordered something different. No one was disappointed. Rave reviews! Even our little grandsons were treated royally with a special pasta dish and conversation from one of the owners, who obviously loves and understands kids. It is a special place, and everyone we have taken there with us has loved it. We feel the prices are quite reasonable for such an excellent dining experience.

• Visited June 2011

Hollywood, Florida
“Closed”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Drove miles cause someone said it was great and it may have but they appear out of business

Visited April 2012
1 Thank nancy p
Green Cove Springs, Florida
“Very good but will dent the pocketbook”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Great italian food, Older atmosphere excellant service

Visited September 2011
Suwanee, Georgia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Having dined here several times the last couple of years we were looking forward to the usual great meal. My son and I both ordered the Shrimp Fra Diavolo and found the shrimp tough and fishy tasting and the sauce was thin and tasted canned.

Also the wine selection was depleted although we found an acceptable Chianti. Maybe the quality is off since this was the second to last Saturday of the season and they are not ordering fresh ingredients?

Oh well, we will try again next year only because we know how good it has been in the past.

• Visited October 2011
Sapphire, North Carolina
“This is a Very Special place”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

From the moment I walked in the door I fell in love. What a precious treasure we have here in Sapphire NC. The service was wonderful. The food is SO good I even tried escargot, and thats not something I would have ever done if everything else wasn't so fabulous, and I can't believe I waited al these years to try it. Of course I have to say, it could never be as good as Osteria made it, so I'm glad I tried it here first. I had the filet mignon and it was absolutely perfect! I love eating here! it is my favorite place in Sapphire area to eat.

• Visited September 2011