“Beautiful easy paved path.”
Review of Whitewater Falls

Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Sapphire
More attraction details
Owner description: A favorite spot for hikers and picnickers, this scenic area features the Whitewater River dropping more than 400 feet in a series of cascading falls.
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We were able to take our toddler on the stroller up to the fall overlook them there are stairs down to get a better view. Beautiful! One of my favorites!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This falls is one of the highest and most spectacular in these mountains. Probably the greatest asset is its accessibility. A 1/4 mile paved path leads from the parking lot to the upper view of the falls making this one of the few handicap access views of which I am aware.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Hi, I am a leg-amputee and there is ample parking to a PAVED walk-way (powered chairs or not, ok) slight-incline and about 1/ 2 mile to from parking.

Seniors and those with buldging-waistlines note there are benches along the way.

leave small cash-contribution, if, you are able as this park helps MANY people enjoy our countries wonderful outdoors!

1  Thank Craig L
Reviewed August 15, 2013

It was easy to get to the falls, half a mile on a paved path. What a gorgeous site. Well worth the walk down 104 steps to the sightseeing platform below the falls.

Definitely recommended!!!

TIP: Be prepared to pay $2.00 fee for entrance fee(i.e. day pass)

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Well when I got there it was exciting, The highway that get's you here has 33 waterfalls. It would take you about 2 weeks to do all of them. Some are very difficult to get to the base. I only did 2 additional waterfalls on July 16, 2013 and I was exhausted at the energy and strength it took to hike to various points of these falls. For this particular waterfall they have an easy viewing deck that seems like a mile across the horizon. I noticed tiny little people at the top of the falls and I knew I wanted to get to where they were, so I went beyond a barricade and hike the rim of the gorge. This is dangerous as you get closer to the top of the falls. You will be rock climbing and there are not marked trails. I just followed the sounds of the waterfall. Sure enough I got to the top with a lot of effort and it was worth it because I got to see a rainbow in the waterfall that the onlookers from afar could not see. I was told that this was the fullest the falls had been in a long time with all of the rains. If you want a list of all of the 33 waterfalls in this area just stop at the visitor center and they have a great WATERFALL BROCHURE with descriptions and directions. You can easily get lost finding some of these waterfalls in the remote areas.

1  Thank mpeacock_10