“Steaks that melt in your mouth -- hands down!!!”
Review of Davison's Steaks

Davison's Steaks
Ranked #8 of 128 Restaurants in Sanford
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Although a funeral brought me to the town I worked in over 15 years ago, the night was topped off with a stellar meal. Having a friend with extreme food allergies, she wanted to go to Davison's Steaks, and she knew her food would be cooked properly. From the moment I walked in, the service was impeccable. Mike was incredibly attentive and demonstrated such a strong sense, of not only compassion due to the circumstances, but professionalism as well. It is clear that he knows how to create an atmosphere of comfort while producing quality food. The steak melted in my mouth and the tuna made me feel like I was on the coast again. The menu offered a plethora of options to satiate any pallet. I loved the fact that it has a salad bar in which I could create the exact salad I desired for the night. If only this type of quality steakhouse existed in Uptown Charlotte! Davison's Steaks is a MUST for EVERY Sanford resident and those in town!

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I know they are famous for their steaks, but we go there for the fresh tuna. It was grilled to perfection. We enjoy the little extras on the salad bar, ie smoked oysters and sardines. Darrel was a most attentive waiter, which made it a perfect evening.

1  Thank Jim F
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was part of a party of 10. We were at Davison's for lunch. After we were seated in the dark, back room, a server addressed us with a trainee. He took drink orders as if in a hurry. Ordering was fine and questions were answered easily and without hesitation.

I ordered the soup of the day- vegetable beef with barley- and one trip to the salad bar. The salad bar was small and basic, with the lettuce being mostly iceberg with a few purple leaves. I had the lettuce topped with: shredded yellow cheese, black olives, strangely uniformly cubed hardboiled egg pieces, ranch dressing, croutons, and real bacon bits. The end of the salad bar with the bacon bits, sunflower seeds, and croutons also had three tins of sardines available.

I ate some of the lettuce with the bland egg and had to stop eating when I got to the black olive pieces. It was like trying to chew a piece of sponge. The taste and texture were unexpected. The croutons were not good, either. When the rest of the food was served, each person sitting to my side had issues with their meals. One had undercooked pink chicken in her wrap and the other did not have the cheese on her sandwich. Both issues were rectified for them.
I took one spoonful of my lukewarm soup and decided that it was not for me. It tasted like old, canned soup. I left the cup of soup beside my partially eaten salad. No server asked if my food was ok. No attention was paid to the full dishes in front of me. All plates were cleared from the table except for mine. When my bill was given, no attention was paid to my uneaten meal. I paid that bill with the tip that was added on automatically due to the size of the party.

3  Thank j S
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We go there for Birthdays and celebrations and always have a great time. The food is not fancy, but steak - GOOD steak - really doesn't need any adornments. I don't go there for the salad bar. I don't go there for the desert. If I wanted either of those things I'd go elsewhere. I go there for steak. They know how to grill it right and that's all I need. The tables are clean, the staff is friendly and the steak is amazing! Only the steaks I've eaten in Kansas City steakhouses come close.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We dined at Davison's Steaks tonight. It was our first visit. We have driven by and always said Gee we should eat there soon. I just wish we had. When we walked in We were greeted promptly and lead to our table. Our waitress Amy came to our table right away to take our drink order. She was very knowledgeable about the menu and explained the way things worked there. We ordered our appetizer. The Lobster Scampi was Delicious. The menu is limited to a few items plus a few specials of the day. But the few items were cooked to perfection. The salad bar was fresh,clean, well stocked,and best of all the lettuce was in small bite sized pieces. (I Hate having to use a knife to eat my salad. Pet peeve you know) It had everything one needs on a good salad.
We grew up in Colorado in "Beef Country". So we have high standards when it comes to steaks. A GOOD steak needs no "Magic Foo-Foo Dust" to make it taste great. In fact lots of spices on a steak is usually a sign of inferior meat or beef that is on the verge of going bad. Great beef will stand alone. We were not disappointed in our steaks. The Chef knows his beef and knows how to cook it correctly. I enjoy my steak a lot more rare than my husband but both of our steaks were perfectly grilled. His potato was done exactly right and my grilled asparagus was good but not great. ( There was too much black pepper on them and it overwhelmed the delicate flavor of the asparagus. JMHO)
There were just four items on the dessert tray. All looked yummy but what caught my eye was the key lime mousse. It was outstanding.
We ending up taking half of both our steaks and half of the Lobster Scampi home. MMMMMM Lunch tomorrow. ;~D
Davison's Steaks is a bit pricey ( $60.00 for the two of us)But we expect that in a great steakhouse, as you get what you pay for. We will make this one of our favorite places to eat. I highly recommend you give them a try. It is Better to have a smaller menu done exceptionally well than a large menu done poorly.