“Best food in town”

Ranked #6 of 127 Restaurants in Sanford
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a charming place to have lunch. The food is excellent. My salad was fresh and crisp. The tea was wonderful. Dessert was delicious. All in a 100 year old home. Go upstairs and see the art on the walls. In warm weather you can sit on the front porch. Only open three hours daily Monday through Saturday. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Sisollie

Reviewed January 11, 2013

My friend and I visited the Magnolia House for lunch this afternoon. The food was priced well. Sandwiches and salads were all under $6 and desserts were all priced $4. The selection of homemade items was mouth-watering! Our server was very pleasant and highly attentive. She made suggestions and answered all of my questions happily. Lovely staff! This restaurant is more like a tea room in feel and atmosphere, but the tea selection is very limited. The soups are listed on the menu as "homemade" but after inquiring I was told they are not prepared in house. I didn't try the lobster bisque or the cream of broccoli soup although I would have been very enticed to if they were in fact homemade. Other than that minor disappointment the homemade selection of salads we tried were delicious (pimento cheese, macaroni salad, and chicken salad). I also enjoyed the toasted croissant I added to our meal. My friend selected the baked potato with hot marinated chicken breast served atop in a broccoli cheese sauce. The potato was the largest baked potato I've seen! She enjoyed it and was even able to share a few bites of dessert. We will revisit Mrs. Lacy's and hope that next time there will be homemade soups to choose from. If you're going for lunch...arrive early or late. During the peak rush lunch time there was a wait out the door!

1  Thank JenandBenHan
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Good food although a little pricey. Service is great and the atmosphere friendly. Nice place to take friends for a good casual lunch.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I found Mrs Lacy's while traveling off the beaten path on a getaway weekend. We where looking for a place to eat lunch when Mrs Lacy's popped up on a Google Map search. We wanted something other than fast food and this seemed like an interesting place.

What a treat - the food was excellent, a very friendly staff and very reasonable prices. I am not sure why some other reviewers have stated that it is 'over priced' - a couple of very tasty sandwiches with sides, and soup and it came to less than 25 dollars for two people.

Strongly recommend that if you are in the Sanford area - give Mrs Lacy's a try for lunch.!!

1  Thank Carl_and_Cathy
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I took my mother here for lunch recently. We both had sweet tea and chicken salad sandwhiches that were solidly good. What we weren't impressed with was the less-than-friendly hostesses and our waitress who was too busy to check if we needed anything else. Cute place, but not sure it deserves the hype.

1  Thank MJBryant