“Shouldn't even be open...”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Sanford
Clemmons, North Carolina
“Shouldn't even be open...”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I arrived in the daytime and the first thing I noticed was two dead birds hanging out of the roofing for the walkway. Sat on one of my double beds and it plopped right of the frame. The first morning I woke up I had an incredible headache and my tonsils swollen to the point I could barely stand to talk. My eyes also watered like crazy. This way of waking continued for three days. On the last night I had grown complacent and didn't mind the room. That next morning I woke up to a puddle in front of my bed. The refrigerator had stopped running and all the ice in the freezer had melted. Upon gathering my stuff to checkout I noticed my bread had been moved sightly. Just enough to notice but not enough to care. That's when I noticed the mouse trap beside the refrigerator. Upon closer inspection to my disgust, the mouse trap was NOT empty. And my bread and a small pack butter had been nibbled at. By that mouse or a different one. Who knows?! It's been two days since checking out and my symptoms are the same. Well I've been diagnosed with pink eye since I left. I almost forgot. When I asked the owner if I could be reimbursed the man told me no. I told him look for my review.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
6 Thank ag23837
abvisanford, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 14, 2015
Dear ag23837,

On behalf of the staff of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to apologize for the negative experience you had in 2014. I understand that you had pink eye and I can understand how you must feel. However, pink eye can be spread in any business. I have not had any other staff or guests experience any issues with it. You may have come into contact with another infected person at a restaurant, store etc who could have transmitted it to you.

Regards,
Rakesh-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn-Sanford, NC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The first room they tried to put us in was disgusting! The bath tub had several different levels of rings that were dried up mud (or black mold) and the linens were gross. Went back up to the office and they put us in another room just down the hall, claiming they knew nothing about the issues in the first room with the tub/linens. The 2nd room was not much better - tub was at least clean but thankfully we packed our own towels and the towels they offered in the rooms look like they had human bodily fluids stained (or smeared) on them. I also brought our own blankets and laid them across the top of the bed to sleep and hit a laundromat the next morning before hitting the road. The continental breakfast was a complete joke (really OLD cereal) and a gallon of milk left sitting on the counter. Will NEVER go back to this place!!!!

Room Tip: Go find another hotel and avoid this one like the plague!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cdafrogz66420
abvisanford, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 22, 2015
Dear Mr. Florida Resident
Sorry for not being able to get to your response, as soon as possible. I apologize for your inconveniences, and in the future I hope that you have a better stay at this location. This day, our customer had left the milk container outside on the counter, and our breakfast cereal tray was open for a short amount of time. When you arrived to eat breakfast, you had come during our closing time. Therefore, you were unable to enjoy the most fresh, and ravishing breakfast that we offer. Most America's Best Value Inn's are not required to serve breakfast by the Vantage Franchise Group, however we do offer fresh breakfast. In the future, we will try to make your accommodation more pleasant, and we apologize for any inconveniences that you faced at our property.
Sincerely, Rakesh-Manager America"s Best Value Inn-Sanford, NC
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed November 4, 2012

First room they gave us and the door lock didn't work and only worked with the manager's card.
Then we got a room on the second floor instead of our preferred lower floor. Even though the place is almost empty, they said they had no rooms available on the bottom floor.....
Bathroom is dirty, moldy and the beds are very springy.
One star for having WIFI and a TV.
Forget this place.

Room Tip: Go someplace else.
Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank jnevitt
abvisanford, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear jnevitt,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am very concerned about the issues you encountered during your stay. Please know that all complaints will be further investigated and the appropriate action taken. We hope that you give us another opportunity in the future.

Regards,