“One of the best restaurants in Sanford.”
Review of Cafe 121

Cafe 121
Ranked #17 of 128 Restaurants in Sanford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Sadly this restaurant does not open weekday evenings until you get to Thursday and they close early at 8.30 pm. They do open at other times like brunch and lunch, so check their website for details. I did discuss the hours with the owner/chef Greg Hamm and he is considering some changes both here and at his restaurant in Cary. I had a two course dinner here. A tasty mushroom soup for starters and a nice spinach & feta topped grilled salmon dish for my main course, including as one of my sides the restaurants famous sweet potato fries (or chips as we call them in the UK), which were yummy and better than I thought they were going to be. I had an American Craft/Micro beer to wash all this very nice food down. The restaurant certainly is one, if not the best I have been to in Sanford. not just for the quality of food, but the whole ambiance of the place and it was a nice touch the chef coming out to check that customers are happy with their meals.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

A Friend was celebrating a special birthday, and we didn't want to drive out-of-town in bad weather. We were delighted with the menu selections. Each dish clearly reflected the menu description. A subtle belnd of flavors enhanced each dish. A lovely chardonnay complemented the food. We will not wait for a special occasion to return.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Ended up here for a business meeting because it was about half way between us on a map. From the approach and the exterior, my expectations just weren't that high. Likely the sort of place we would have just driven by were it not our meeting point.

But it turned out to be a nice little restaurant.

The interior is well done... elegant, but not stuffy.

It's a pretty extensive menu, of good food. Lots to chose from, all fairly creative, and many pairings of ingredients one might not expect. Lots of unique offerings. Frankly, it was kind of hard to choose. A lot of thought went into the menu. And, our food were very good. Fresh, quality ingredients, nicely prepared. Generous portions.

Service was fast and professional.

Overall, it's a very good restaurant and a nice little surprise.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Chef Hamm and his staff provide the what you expect when you go out to eat. Great food, hospitality and the atmosphere to enjoy a well cooked meal. My wife and I especially enjoy the Harvest Salad (her's with grilled chicken, mine with Salmon) for lunch and Ribeyes for dinner. The coffee bar is great early in the morning or to finish off a nice dinner. We frequent the Sanford location since we live here in town but have visited his new Cary location while out and about just north of town.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We enjoyed Sunday brunch at Cafe 121. Ample street parking in front of the location. Very ncie menu including eggs benedict, french toast, and many brunch delights. The eggs benedicts were fantastic! Both my husband and myself thoroughly enjoyed our meal. My toddler daughter thought it was super fun to draw on the paper table cloth (laid over a cloth tablecloth). The ambiance, service, fair price, latte's…. spot on. We will be back to try dinner very soon!