“You've got to go!”

Tobacco Road Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Sanford
More attraction details
Owner description: This course threads through a former sand quarry and has the feel of a maze.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You've got to go!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Do u have a bucket list ? This should be on your list! You won't believe what you see and when you think you have seen it all, the next hole will blow you away! Have fun!

Visited November 2013
Joe G, Manager at Tobacco Road Golf Club, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words. Through Trip Advisor, I signed up to be able to reply to comments about the course both good and bad. I hope I get to respond to a lot experiences like yours. Please continue to come and enjoy this Mike Strantz design!

Georgetown, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fun golf”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

the is target golf at it's finest. If you are a high handicapper stay away and play some of the other courses near by. The only negative on the course was near the end it got a bit too much I thought.

Visited October 2013
Woodstock, Georgia
“What a Challenge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I'm a 24 handicap and thoroughly enjoyed playing this course. It's unique design required a thoughtful approach to each shot. I will definitely return when in Pinehurst.

Visited November 2013
Conway, SC
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“It's a must play for any golfer, no mater what your handicap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I recently played at Tobacco Road with my son and a mutual friend. Needless to say, prior to going I went on line to review the animated video, and was NOT looking forward to playing this course. For a high handcapper like myself, it did not look like the place to play. I figured that I was doomed to a day of lost balls and shear frustration. I could see where a low handicap golfer would get a massive challenge out of it, but not an older short hitter like me.

Well, let me just say that I was wrong. Yes, the course has many challenging holes, and I do mean challenging, but with the yardage book and some common sense play, it's not that bad. Look, even I broke 100 on my first go around, and when we played two day later, I almost broke 90. Yes, the greens for the most part are a mess due to a bad infestation they had on most of them, but we were warned of that before we played.

Absolutely one of the most visually stunning courses I have ever played. Any golfer who likes even a small challenge will love this place. 100% recommended to play at least once in your lifetime!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Conwayangel
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoy the Mike Stranz courses to get a break from the traditional course. Be ready for a great course visually with some tough shots requiring pinpoint accuracy.

Visited September 2013