“Very nice, better than expected”

Holiday Inn Express Sanford
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Sanford
Cameron, North Carolina
“Very nice, better than expected”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Everything about this hotel is above average. I've been in numerous hotels around the states and this is one of the best. Walking distance to many local stores and restaurants. Free sweet tea in the lobby and good free breakfast every morning. The staff went above and beyond, just what you'd expect from southern hospitality. A welcome experience after returning from overseas the last four years. They allow pets and have a small fenced in area for your pooch to take care of his business without being tethered to you by the leash. makes it so much easier. Plus the indoor heated pool is a great thing too.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
snfnc2000, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sanford, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Hi, and thanks so much for posting this review. It is so wonderful to know that we were better than you expected. We thank you so much for all your great comments and even more for serving our country! We hope you enjoy North Carolina, and please stop by any time, we would be glad to see you again!

AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I travel to Sanford every week and have been staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites directly across the street from the Holiday Inn Express. I was staying at the Comfort Inn mainly because it was the newest hotel in the area and had a good rate.

This week we had several people from our Corporate office come to Sanford and some were staying at the Holiday Inn Express. While I was there picking them up, it was Angie Minnick that convinced me that I had been staying at the wrong hotel. She was extremely friendly, but more importantly she listened very well. I explained what was important to me every week while I was away from home and conducting business in Sanford. When I was finished she aligned a response that convinced me I had been staying in the wrong hotel.

I checked out of the Comfort Inn and my first night at the Holiday Inn Express was excellent. The culture of Holiday Inn is very different than the Comfort Inn. Not a bad difference, just different. Holiday Inn's culture aligns better with my busniess needs which was very evident from the time I entered the lobby all the way up to my room.

Thank you Angie and thank you Holiday Inn Express for giving me something to look forward to every time I leave home and travel to Sanford. Angie truly gets it! Angie truly gets us! :-)

John M. Streitman

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
snfnc2000, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sanford, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Hello Mr. Streitman. I want to send my sincere thanks for posting this review. It is so great to know that I was able to make you feel at home when away from home. All of these comments were absolutely awesome, but I just want you to know that I am just doing my job. I am here to make all my guests feel welcomed and appreciated and customer service is my top priority. I am so happy that you made the switch to us and I can promise you that we will NOT let you down! I look forward to seeing you Wednesday! :))))

Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Very nice hotel. Good clean rooms, great service. Great free breakfast with good food to choose from, sweet ice tea available all day, very refreshing.
As expected for a Holiday Inn Express. Nice to have free in room wifi and a work desk for your laptop computer.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
snfnc2000, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sanford, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Hi and thanks so much for posting this review. It is very appreciated that you take the time from your busy schedule to do this. It is so pleasing to know that we provided you with a clean room, great service and a great breakfast to start your day with. Again, thank you so much for the great comments and we hope to see you in the near future.

Best Regards,

Portland, Indiana
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were going to be arriving early. I called and they made sure our rooms were ready for early check-in. Clean, beautiful rooms and we really enjoyed the jet tub after 2 days in the car! Free sweet tea in the lobby and popcorn in the room... Welcome to the South! Check out http://www.sagebrushsteakhouse.com across the parking lot. Sorry I didn't get more pics.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Patti W
snfnc2000, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sanford, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Hi Patti W and thanks for visiting us all the way from Indiana. We thank you for the great review and wonderful pictures that you took. It is so satisfying to hear these great comments from our guests and we are glad that you had a great experience here with us. And yes you are right, great Southern Hospitality right here in Sanford, NC! See you soon!

Best Regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Free Bfast.. Free Cookies.. Friendly staff.. Best in Sanford NC and they love keeping your room clean. So far beds are comfortable.. Linens are clean.. And I'm glad they exist in a small town which i dread. Thanks Holiday Inn you made it an experience.

Stayed July 2014
snfnc2000, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Sanford, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Hi Mark C and thanks for choosing our hotel as well as naming us "best in town!" We love to see these great reviews, they let our staff know how well of a job they are doing. They really look forward to reading the guests review, positive or negative. We thank you for all the great comments and we are glad we made your stay a great experience. See you soon!

Sanford
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Staff was very personable & entered into conversation with us without seeming rushed or bothered. Hotel amenities and comfort of the beds were exceptional. Angie Minnick's customer service was also exceptional. When the staff learned we were there for a funeral, they immediately offered their condolences & offered any help they could give. We plan on staying at this location in August. Highest rating is excellent? They also get an extraordinary!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

snfnc2000, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sanford, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Hi Gail and thanks for visiting our hotel. I am so pleased to read that you had a comfortable stay and that our staff and hotel was able to provide everything that you needed. We thank you for all the great comments, they will be shared with the team! I personally thank you for the great comments about myself, it is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again soon, but for better reasons!

Warmest Regards,

Plantation, Florida
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed here during the US Open. My company had 6 rooms.

The staff was so nice and helpful. The rooms were perfect for our purposes and quite clean.

We typically stay at higher end properties but the Holiday Inn Express in Sanford was a very good alternative.

Would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
snfnc2000, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sanford, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Hi pompanogator and thanks for posting this review. We are so pleased that you and your company chose to stay at our hotel during the US Open. We are so delighted to know that you had a clean room and a friendly staff to make your stay that much better. It is perfect to read that we were a great alternative, since there was not a higher end property available for you and your company. Please do visit us again soon and please consider IHG hotels, as we are "great hotels that guests love!" Hope to see you soon!

Warmest Regards,

AGM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanford
Comfort Suites Sanford
Baymont Inn & Suites Sanford
Hampton Inn Spring Lake-Ft. Bragg
Hampton Inn & Suites Holly Springs
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Lillington

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sanford? Share your experiences!