Holiday Inn Express Sanford
$64
Hotels.com
$147
$114
All reviewscinnamon rollsgreat place to staymorning breakfastpancake makerthe general managerindoor poollaundry roomrecommend staying herebreakfast barfeel welcomeparking lottobacco roadhome townher customer service skillsmake you feel at homesmall dogtake care
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed for one night in August. The girl working at the front desk was very nice and helpful. She gave me advice on where I could go for dinner and pick up some items I forgot at home. The room was clean and big. The bed was very comfortable. I only wish I could have slept later. The breakfast was also nice, with one of the biggest selections I've ever seen on a continental breakfast. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
snfnc2000, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sanford, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

We thank you so much for posting a review about our hotel. We are delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay. The staff here is one of our biggest assets and we would not be the hotel that we are today without them, and we thank you for recognizing the great job that they do. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight here on our way to the beach. I always feel confident in choosing Holiday Inn Express, but was guarded in my expectations due to some of the reviews. Our experience however was very good. The room was very clean, and warmly decorated. The bed was extremely comfortable and we were well rested the following morning. I particularly liked the sitting area outside the hotel. Refreshments were offered free in the lobby. The morning breakfast was very good. Excellent choice for us.

Room Tip: We selected a room with king size bed. It was located on the third floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
snfnc2000, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sanford, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Hello AnneC57. We thank you so much for posting a review about our property. It is great to see such great comments! We are so happy that you chose to stay with us and that we did live up to the expectations that you expect from a Holiday Inn Express. We do offer tea daily and am evening reception each Monday through Wednesday. We thank you so much for the comments about the clean room and very good breakfast. Those are very important factors when considering where to stay. Again, we thank you for choosing us and hope to see you again on your next trip through the area. Remember: Stay Smart and choose Holiday Inn Express!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Recently business took me to Sanford, NC. The Holiday Inn Express Sanford was an excellent choice for my stay. First of all the staff were so friendly, especially Angie, who checked me in. Her customer service skills were great and she was very helpful. The hotel was located close to businesses and convenient to shopping and restaurants. My room was very comfortable, spacious and clean. The public areas of the hotel were very nice. The outside grounds were well maintained. I enjoyed the morning breakfast very much and found the food to be very tasty. Fresh coffee was always on hand and the morning newspaper was a nice touch. I found the cost of the stay to be very reasonable. When I return to Sanford I will make the Holiday Inn Express Sanford my first choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
snfnc2000, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sanford, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thanks so much for the great review. We are so pleased to know that you were satisified with your stay. We do have such a great staff here and we are very thankful for them and for you for commending them! Our housekeeping staff is superb and they do ensure that our rooms are very clean and comfortable for all guests. Our maintenance man does a great job keeping up with the grounds as well as maintenance issues that may occur. Our breakfast host cooks a great breakfast each morning, too! We are very delighted that you commented on our hotel and all the areas that were satisfying to you, we are very appreciative of that! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The woman at check in had an attitude and I actually had to walk away to keep my cool. Not helpful at all. Its supposed to be smoke feee but Ive smelled smoke the whole time Ive been here.Also its now pet friendly and there were two large dogs in the lobby when I checked in. My allergies and asthma are killing me. I only stayed here because the company my husband works for uses this motel when they have meetings and we are required to stay here. Would never have chosen this place if it were my decision.

• Stayed: August 2013

We do thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our property. We take all reviews, comments and suggestions seriously. They help us grow as a hotel and as a team. I do want to apologize about the attitude of the staff, you can be assured that this matter has been handled immediately. That comment was so distracting because we do not get complaints on our staff, that is one of our areas that we excel at, but I do thank you for letting us know that they were "hateful" and you can be assured that this will never be an issue again. We are a smoke-free hotel, but the guests are allowed to smoke outside. We do send our sincere apologies for the smoke smell, but you can be assured that no guests have been smoking in the rooms and if they have we take cautious measures to ensure the room is cleaned properly. We are a very pet friendly hotel and have been for the past nine years. This is posted all over the internet as well as at the front desk, so that guests who are not pet-friendly are aware of this and they can choose to stay or not. We do again send our sincere apologies that you were not satisfied with your stay. All issues in this review have been looked over and taken care of, if necessary. We hope that you do allow us the opportunity again to serve you and to ensure that you are completely satisified with your next stay. Please feel free to contact the MOD at any time to discuss these issues any further. Thanks again for your comments!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our second stay at this property. Typical HIExpress, large room with king bed, sofa, desk--the usual. Price is quite reasonable, and competitive. Breakfast is excellent. However, on this visit, the hotel had a somewhat musty, damp smell, and our room was definitely humid/damp, even to the point that some of my clothes hanging in the closet became damp to the touch. My second complaint is that the tub bottom is slippery when wet; the non-slip surface doesn't do its job.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
snfnc2000, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Sanford, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Hello and we thank you so much for your comments. We are so happy that you stayed at our property a second time and I do want to apologize that this stay was not as great as the first. I do want you to be aware that we are checking into you concerns to assure that there are no other issues or complaints. Please come back and visit us again soon!