“Getting better”
Review of Palomino Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sanford
Palomino Motel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Sanford
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the second year in the row we stayed there. As long as you stay in the Executive Suites you are good. The rooms are huge for the money. The maid service works hard. They change the lindens everyday. They scrub the bathrooms everyday also. The Marriott doesn't even do that anymore. Over all a nice stay with a bunch of guys.

Room Tip: stay in the Executive Suites
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 15, 2011

I had to stay here for few weeks and had to change rooms quite a few times.My family saw many things we only heard about on the news.On the so called "bad" side we saw a drug bust going on.Remind you I have children who happen to be playing in the tiny spot of grass right when this happened.We then moved to another room to only change again due to fact the air stopped working.The 3rd room my children began breaking out with a rash.Doctor says he believes it was bed bugs or mold from the room.The so called lady who runs the place is extremely rude to the kids and prejudice against blacks i know this from a conversation she had with me.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank dsocks s
Reviewed September 8, 2009

My boyfriend and I travel everywhere for his job . So I have been to some bad motels and this one was not that bad. The rooms r clean the pool is clean and the ppl r vary nice good place to stay for job travel but not for a vaca

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank rae83
Reviewed August 27, 2009

My husband was staying at this motel for over 2 months. He was working nearby at a Paper Mill plant. This hotel was in the price range of what his employer was willing to pay each day for his stay during the construction period of his job. I went there for a 1 week visit and was horrified! It is a older motel, but I didn't mind as long as the rooms were clean. There are 2 different parts to this motel. The cheaper rooms are in the older version of the motel near pool and front lobby. Located on the back of the property is a newer "Executive" suites. These suites are usually always booked up in advance, due to the fact that Sanford in the middle of no where and there are not many other hotels/lodging to offer nearby.
The room that my husband rented for us for the 1 week I was there was GROSS, and not cleaned. He and His partner from his job was staying in the room next door and the room was the same situation.
The sheets were stained. The rooms smelled awful. The bathtub had years of mold and mildew on the tiles. The table, nightstand, and dresser had not been wiped clean. OMG...don't get me started on the Flies in the room!
The first thing I did was run to the Family Dollar store and spray the Bathub and everything in that room with Clorox Bleach cleaner, and went get new sheets and Comforter for the bed.
The walls had peeling wallpaper and STAINS all over near the bed. Guess what those stains could possibly be??? We had no options to move to another hotel because this is what the company had booked for him and the guys on the job. But I am so glad that I did not bring along our 2 kids. I would have had no choice but to spend extra money and move to the Days Inn and Econo Lodge at the next exit off of Hwy 1.
I survived Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans...and didn't think that I could survive another day in this hotel. The front desk clerks were very nice. The maids are nice too. The only problem is that they don't clean well, and the front desk clerks do not check the rooms afterwards.
High Speed Internet was a joke. The WiFi was only available in the Hotel Lobby from 8am -8pm.
I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL TO ANYONE

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank brcouple225
Reviewed March 5, 2009

This is second time I went to stay at Palomino motel. Last year I went in August, 2007. This time I like there more then 2007. Friendly employees, clean room, like a resort. This time I went with my family and everybody in my family like it. Very low rate and clean. I will tell people that this motel is very good as low rate. It's not like a franchise but you will love it at that price. at this time of economy everybody like to save money, this is the motel that you pay cheaper price then all other motel in sanford.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank mpsv13
Reviewed June 23, 2008

On our first visit to Sanford, NC we did not know where to stay. We spoke to a few people at the church we planned to attend and were told about The Palomino Motel, where other church goers had stayed while they found a permanent place to stay.
The office clerk, indian (India, not that it matters) was very hospitable and gave us a few rooms to look at and choose from. The rooms, surroundings and pool were very pleasant. We forgot to lock the door of our car with a few of our things still in it and nothing was touched. I suppose the new management helped because everything I read in the 2 most recent reviews was not accurate to our experience. And by the way most pools are not open in January due to the cold which would explain the "nasty" pool. We are planning on staying there again in a few weeks, while looking for a permanent place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed January 23, 2008

Stayed in the so-called executive suite for a week while closing on our house. unless they have changed things drastically, it was terrible. first of all, if i had small children i would be worried about their safety. apparently crack heads "live" in the smaller units year 'round - oh and speaking of which, when we left for half a day to go to a lake (would NOT swim in the pool-yuck) all of my husband tools were stolen out of his truck's toolbox while parked right in front of our room. 13 other guests were also burglarized. The front desk acted like it was our fault. It is now run ,I hear, by Indians (India) and they have no concept of Southern Hospitality. Unless you have an enemy you want to get even with, I wouldn't recommend this "hotel" to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank travellot77