TripAdvisor
Saluda
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The owners of the Charles St. are very welcoming and manage a very well appointed bed and breakfast. I highly recommend staying here. The only quirk is that they only take cash or checks, but that does help keep costs down.

The breakfast provided was absolutely wonderful. They brought down French Toast and bacon with fresh squeezed orange juice.

The gardens are very nice to walk through and offer a broad selection of local flowers and plants.

Plan to stay the next time in the area.

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank ricemn1
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Hoovers took us in for one night on very short notice, so we were appreciative before arriving. Upon arriving, we were then also delighted. Though the weather was quite cold, their suite was cozy and comfortable and the owners are terrific hosts. Walter greeted us and was full of information about the town and surrounding area, and Sherry made a lovely breakfast for us the following morning. It was a quick trip, but we were able to relax and enjoy Saluda during our stay. Even in winter, their garden is a sight to see--as is the beautiful, historic church next door. We hope to return in the spring and look forward to staying here again.

Date of stay: January 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank annah771
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed here for one night. I wish I could have stayed for two nights. I loved loved loved all the greenery outside the window and the birds/bird feeder. The noise of the fountain outside could be heard in the suite. it feels very secluded even tho it is just a block or two from the town's main street. Everything was in good working order. It was very quaint. I would not recommend more than 2 people in the suite. Kitchen area is small -- galley type -- but that is not a negative. Bathroom is very small but that was not a negative either. I have already recommended this location, and would stay again. Everything was very very clean, too.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank SRinSCarolina
Reviewed July 2, 2011

This property is not for everyone, but my husband and I love it! The quarters are a little tight in the kitchen area, but the appointments and surroundings more than make up for it. We loved being surrounded by their garden and bird sanctuary and spent some restful time in the sitting area and the garden just bird watching and reading. We visited some of our favorite local areas as well: Connemara, Pearson's Falls, Flat Rock, Hendersonville, and downtown Saluda.

Pictures on the website as well as those posted by another reviewer are spot on. They cannot express just how nice it is to be there, though.

Walter and Sherry are superb hosts: available without being intrusive. There's one great casual restaurant in town (the Purple Onion, closed on Tuesdays), but other than that we tended to go to nearby towns--15-20 minute trips or to prepare a light picnic meal in the suite.

We're returning in September and just can't wait.

Room tip: There's only the one wonderful suite.
Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank low-keytravels
Reviewed June 8, 2009

You couldn't ask for a nicer couple than Walter and Sherry. They were very accomodating to my husband and I on our recent anniversary trip. The suite is absolutely beautiful, especially the fresh flowers placed in the room. They are grown by Walter and Sherry.

Breakfast was delicious. The gardens surrounding the inn are also very pretty. We were just a short walk from the town of Saluda.

Another thing that makes this place great is it is reasonabley priced.

We will not hesitate to return...hopefully in the near future.

Date of stay: June 2009