“Do NOT miss this little Hole in the Wall!!”

Green River Barbeque
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Saluda
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We were very pleasantly surprised by this quaint little place. The food was very good especially the baked potato casserole, chicken tenders and BBQ. The real winner was the Brunswick Stew, omg, it was good. Staff were very friendly!

There are newer reviews for Green River Barbeque

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I went with family for a lunch visit over the weekend. We had a very nice meal and enjoyed it quite a lot. A few hits and misses to mention: although the restaurant isn't very big, the atmosphere is kind of vintage and cool. Staff were friendly and nice. The beer selection was excellent, good choices and local beers (I like to support local breweries). BBQ was pretty good, but the sides were great along with a vast selection to choose from.

It's a little pricey compared to a lot of NC BBQ places, but we had a good visit. It's a lot of food, and I think a large BBQ plate could feed two people with average appetites.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Green River BBQ is just a short jaunt off of I-26 and well worth the short drive from the interstate (~5 minutes) even if you have no other plans to be in Saluda. Any menu item I have tried has been top-notch! The pork BBQ plate is classic--don't forget to try the fried pickles (ask for extra crispy!)--and the Wrap-A -Que is a great twist on the classic BBQ, beans, & slaw trio with fries on the side.

The menu is not along the lines of fast-food cheap but then again you are not buying processed & frozen fast food. I always leave feeling I have gotten a good value for my money.

Service has been excellent no matter if eating in the actual building or out on the enclosed porch. Parking is tight but in the evenings there is additional parking across the street that I have used--other business lots but they are closed late in the day and I have not seen any 'no parking' notices so everyone appears to play nice near this fine BBQ house.

Do yourself a favor and give Green River BBQ a try--it has turned into one of our favorite stops if visiting Saluda for the weekend or traveling I-26 between the Charlotte area and western NC.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Can't beat the Fried Chicken or the Pulled Pork Taco!!! We always visit this restaurant when in town.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

My sister lived in Saluda years ago and introduced us to Green River Barbeque. Now we can't stay
Away. We love, love , love the tomato pie. My husband gets 2 for his side dishes. We've tried but
Can't quite replicate the flavor. Of course the star is the chopped pork and the great sauce selection, but and that's a big BUT I love the veggie selection so I order a veggie plate and sneak
The que off my husbands plate. They even have a place where you can eat with your puppy in tow
Outside. A trip to North Carolina would not be complete without a trip to Green River. By the way,
The barbeque is quite lean which is not always the case when we get barbeque at the chain restaurants.