“Highly disappointed”

Green River Cove Tubing
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have been tubing with Green River cove a few times the past couple of years. Once last year we made the trip from Greenville (50 miles one way) but were unable to tube due to high water. I hadn't called first so that was on me. I decided I would call first from then on. We had planned to go tubing today and when we woke up it was raining here so I decided to check their web site. When I did the schedule had not been updated from the previous day. Decided to call and was told they were open. Imagine my disappointment when we arrived and they were closed. The owner was in the parking lot and when I asked why we were told they were open his only answer was his elderly mother and father had been answering the phone and he wasn't sure why they were telling people that. He was very unapologetic and didnt seem to care that we had just driven 50 miles to be there. Hey Mr. Owner man i saw you broken down on the side of the road on my way home. If you had been even a little nicer or would have shown a little concern I would have stopped to help. Thanks Karma!

7  Thank zane s
There are newer reviews for Green River Cove Tubing

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Today seemed like a perfect day for tubing: hot and clear. Took along 3 girls ranging in age from 9 to 12 years old. When we arrived at Green River Cove Tubing, I asked the procedure, and was told to just grab a tube and hop in the river. The times I had tubed the river before, the float was quite gentle and easy. So we grabbed tubes and jumped in. The staff did not mention anything about high water or life preservers. Turns out the water was high, and we needed life preservers. The first 30 minutes of the 2 hour trip were fine and fun for the girls, but then the rapids started getting bigger and bigger. The 12 year old was flipped out of her tube and pulled under the water by the current. She quickly swam back up, but she was scared. Then she flipped again, and then the 9 year old flipped. Time to get out. We had to climb up a steep embankment, but were quickly able to flag down one of the buses. I told the staff what had happened, and they said that they do not have enough life preservers for everyone, so that is why they tell folks on the website to bring their own. I did not read their entire website, but I did call before we drove out there, but no mention of high water or the importance of life preservers. No mention of life preservers when I paid for the four of us despite telling them I had 3 children with me. High water is dangerous, and people should be warned. We were lucky.

5  Thank R0bieC
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Tubing is not for bigger people. All of our friends have told us otherwise and how much fun it is. So we decided to give it a try. We went on this tubing excursion 2 weeks ago. It was our first time tubing and were very excited. I am 6' tall and my boyfriend is 6'8" tall. The tubes are made for an average size person. We took the 2 mile trip. We spent most of the ride down the river holding our heads up instead of relaxing on the tube, holding our butts up so when we got stuck on the rocks we didn't get stuck too bad and using our hands as paddles and feet to keep branches from smacking us in the faces. There wasn't much action in the way of whitewater and the trip could have been more relaxing if we could put our heads down to chill in the sun but every time we put our head down, next thing we knew we were trying to dig ourselves off the embankment. My boyfriend ended up getting off his tube halfway down the river and walked the rest of the way back. There is nobody at the end of the excursion to let you know you have reached the end and nobody to help you get out of your tube, out of the river or up the embankment. There were no bathrooms or a place to change out of our muddy clothes once we finished either. It was definitely an adventure but not one we will take again, at least not with this tubing company.

7  Thank ImCaribbeanBound
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I went recently with a group of friends to Green River Cove Tubing and I found it to be affordable, easy, and fun! We all had a great time on the river: the water temperature was great despite the cold air that day and the rapids were a blast! The people are very friendly and helpful there and the equipment is in good shape. My only complaint would be the sticks and overhanging braches along the river, but how can I criticize Mother Nature? I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and I will definitely be back to do it again!

4  Thank Andie C
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Great time and service! Loved it! Tree fell during our time blocking the road and our way back! Service was great and they saved us despite the two different transportations we had to use to get back. So pleasant, affordable, and fun. Great morning activity. Will definitely do it again!

2  Thank Megaus03