“Amazing Getaway”

Cabin Fever
Augusta, Georgia
“Amazing Getaway”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My 19 year old daughter and I spent a few days here for a mother-daughter vacation to the mountains and Asheville. The managers were extremely friendly and welcoming, and the cabin that we stayed in (High Top) was BEAUTIFUL! Apparently the cabins are built from local wood (locust trees) by hand. They were gorgeously rustic and made the experience very enjoyable. There was a ladder that went up into a loft area (where there were 2 beds) that seemed like it would be a fun place for kids to sleep. There was also a kitchen, well-stocked with tools, a fireplace, and a cute guest book where past guests had written about their stays. Overall the experience was a joy and my daughter and I look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Terrie207

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Landrum, South Carolina
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I know this is supposed to be a camping experience BUT.....I didn't expect that the cabin would have one air-conditioner that didn't put out enough air to keep our little girls cool. The loft was as hot as all get out and so was the living room (LOL). We chose to sleep in a tent with our bedrolls and mattresses and luckily we had a lantern and a portable battery operated fan. Of course it rained all night and we had to keep our tent rain protector up, which made it very hot. The one air-conditioner ran all night long because the unit wasn't big enough to reach the desired temperature so of course the noise kept us up all night.

My grand daughter was tired and scared and so she wante to leave after the first night. There were cochroaches in the bathroom and spiders too.

The next morning at 6 am I started setting up breakfast for the rest of the girls and coffee and tea for the grownups. Our team leader came in and said YaYa there is a mouse in the breakfast food box. I thought she was kidding so I laughed. She then repeated that there was a mouse in the box. I then told her to get a plastic bag and put it over the box and carry it outside. She said "I'm not getting any where near that mouse. I the proceeded to get a plastic bag and cover the box. I was careful to cover the box in it's entirety lest the mouse jump into my arms. I carefully took Earl (thats what I named the mouse) outside. I tilted the box but Earl wouldn't budge. I tilted the box some more and still Earl did not come out. Finally I tilted the box upside down and out came Earl. He sat on the ground and looked at me. I half expected him to say "What about MY breakfast". I shooed him in to the woods and went inside.

The girls realizing that I had taken a box outside asked what was in the box. Of course they all screamed in horror. They then realized that they had missed an opportunity. One of the little girls said, YaYa you should have taken Earl next door to the BOY's cabin and released him in there. I said "Now Girls that wouldn't have been very nice".

With that my grand daughter and I packed up our tent and all our belongings and put them in our car.

I am told Earl returned that day through a hole he had made. Luckily I had placed all the food items in the refrigerator so there was again nothing for Earl to eat.

The girls came back from there rafting trip to find Earl and they went to get the MEN to remove Earl but to no avail. Earl pattered around in the cabin all night keeping them awake. Alas my grand daughter and I were safely home in our own REAL beds.

Our idea of camping now is the Ritz Carlton without room service.!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank bccorbett
Duluth, Georgia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Birds Nest located in Cabin Fever. the room was very clean and very comfortable. during the day, we visited Asheville and also Pearson Falls. We did encounter a fair amount of rain and it was very relaxing to sit in screened porch and sip wine! Very peaceful and nice location. We would recommend Cabin Fever!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank irish1023
Naples, Florida
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had the best time in Buzzard's Roost! We are a family who own a cafe' in Florida. I came with my mom, sister and nephew. We always take a long weekend break in June, and we are so happy we found Cabin Fever! Christy and Scott are so sweet and made us feel like family. The grounds are so beautiful, and were torn to decide which cabin we liked best! I know we will be looking forward to many more trips back. Plus it's located to many more great places close by to enjoy the outdoors, even though we had a great hike on the trails just behind our cabin! (and the zip-line in the playground rocks!) -Many thanks!!

Room Tip: All of the cabins are cozy and authentic country. They are equipped with everything you need and hav...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
sc
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Just returned from our first visit to Good Times cabin @ Cabin Fever. Had a great time relaxing and rest. The cabin was all the website said it would be. No it not 5 star but if that what you want you would not be in to Cabin Fever. Cabin was clean as well as bedding and dishes and cooking supplies. This cabin you can bring your dog.And Grunt had the time of his life running the trails and playing in water. Scott and Christy are truly great host.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Clinton, South Carolina
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My special guy, son, daughter-in-law and our two dogs just had the most relaxing time in Good Times Cabin at CabinFever! Nice caretakers, who made sure our trip was exactly what we asked for and more. We also met the owners who happened to be there too, and they were so nice and asked what else they could do to make our trip enjoyable. It was quiet, roomy, clean, and really had fun with making smores, sitting by the brand new firepit, and keeping warm and romantic ambience with the indoor stove as well. Very comfortable beds too! Great trails and all over gorgeous views. Saluda a sleepy little town, roll up early, but great eats!
Will be coming back often...

Room Tip: When coming with big parties, no problem if in separate cabins, as they are close and good picnic ar...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank retarmygal
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This will be our third time staying at Cabin Fever and was by far the best. Christy and Scott have given the property a "sprucing up" that was long overdue and much appreciated. This visit we stayed at South Fork and loved the new King sized bed and other homey touches added to make the stay even more enjoyable. If you are looking for somewhere relax and unwind that offers the serenity of the woods and great access to local attractions (Dupont Forest, Hendersonville, Saluda) look no further.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saluda
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville
Saluda Mountain Lodge
Asheville Cottages
Asheville Cottages
#1 of 21 in Asheville

Been to Cabin Fever? Share your experiences!