We stayed at Cabin Fever several years ago to attend the Blue Ridge BBQ festival and decided to try them again this year. Our adult children and two grandchildren joined us and we rented two cabins. The cabin we stayed in was nestled on a stream amongst the beautiful blooming flowers. We loved sitting at the picnic table outside, building a fire, and cooking breakfast. The smell of bacon cooking was amazing. Our expectations for the cabin experience were definitely met. I do have a few comments that may help on future visits.
1. Make sure that you check the supplies in the kitchen. While I realize this is a cabin in the woods, the $100.00 plus I paid should include a cleaner kitchen. Quite a few of the dishes we were going to use were caked with food from previous visitors. Minimal supplies are provided and when we ran out of garbage bags and dish soap (we borrowed soap from the other cabin we rented) we had to track down the managers (there are no consistant office hours) to get more, more than once. Luckily we found a Family Dollar in town to get additional supplies to assist us with our cabin experience.
2. Consider providing clean linens already on the bed! My daughter is in a wheelchair and this is difficult for her to put linens on a bed. I know my husband and I traveled a long distance to get there and the last thing we wanted to do was make beds. (There are two options for linens: bring your own or use theirs; but put them on the bed yourself).
3. DO NOT leave food inside or outside. We did hear critters in the cabin a "scurrying" at night..
4. It was too warm to use the wood burning stove one night we were there, but the next night was chilly and we would've loved to use it (in fact, I went into town and bought sweatpants). . . but the managers told us they had not gotten around to cutting "stove" wood because it HAD been too warm. Would've loved to have that option provided!
5. The zip line was a blast for my children and grandchildren. However, we left a very expensive camera there by accident and when we went back to look for it, it was gone.
WATCH YOUR STUFF!
This truly was a great family time with just a few minor kinks! Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sit in a rocker on your own porch and enjoy nature to the fullest. Seven cabins that make you feel as if you stepped back in time. Enjoy a hike along the trails or by the stream. Explore the horseshoe pit, water wheel, Zip-line, swings, campfire and barbecue grills. Cabins have a kitchen, screen porch, main bedroom with two double beds and a double or single in the loft. Your own mountain for a night or a week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Cabin Fever reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.