“Quaint, basic, inexpensive, close to ocean”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Salter Path
William and Garland Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Salter Path
Reviewed June 26, 2008

My husband and I spent 2 nights at this motel. We had a single bedroom(1 double bed.) Overall, I must say I was satisfied. This is a small mom and pop type motel, probably 1960's vintage. There are about 8 rooms and a few on site trailers for rental. The grounds are immaculate and well kept and well lit at night. Our room was very clean...linens were fresh and the TV, microwave, refrigerator, and AC were all in excellent working condition, although they were older models. Our room was small, about 12' x 14' and the bathroom was small with a shower, commode, sink. There was a soda machine on site which came in handy. No phones or ice machine. So bring your cell phone with you! I am 52 years old with arthritis so I had a few issues with mobility. For example, the main building where the rooms are located must be accessed by climbing up a high step. I am 5'4" tall and my bed top was as high as my hips so it was a bit difficult getting into the bed. Also, the walk to the beach was approx. 200 yards...took me 5-8 min. walk to the beach. I would definitely recommend taking a beach cart with you so you can lug your chairs, umbrella, etc. The beach is very uncrowded...practically have it all to yourself! The beach was very clean as well. The hosts were very nice and personable and the guests were very quiet. This motel allows pets and I did not notice any objectionable deposits or smells. It is hard to find a motel that permits pets nowadays so it is refreshing that this motel does permit our furry friends! Very reasonably priced for this part of the coast! I would go again and recommend it as well!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank teacher3735
There are newer reviews for William and Garland Motel

Reviewed October 9, 2007

Stayed for 4 nights in 10/07 and loved it. Very quiet and clean, convenient to the beach and other attractions, too. The Smith's are very nice and accomodating owners.

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank poeticchampion
Reviewed August 15, 2007

The owners were very hospitable, the room and service were clean and timely. The path to the beach, a little lengthy, but it was very quiet, and restful. Other people with pets all got along, no noisy music, or carousing. Will recommend this motel to my friends with/without pets. Location close to area beaches and cities. Plenty of places to eat. Only drawback...No ICE machine. Will visit again. :-)

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Hootywho
A TripAdvisor Member
parkersburg,wv
Reviewed November 1, 2005

This was our first stay at the William and Garland motel...we were pleased with the welcome we were given,we brought our English Mastiff and our Scottie...it is such a pleasure to stay in a comfortable place with our dogs, and the bonus is cleaness, and everyone was respectful of each other, and cleaned up after their pets,and all were well behaved...the owners keep this place quiet,family oriented,and spotless...we will be back next summer..

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 17, 2005

The first impression that you get at the William and Garland Motel is that it is old-fashioned and very neat. We arrived with two dogs and were greeted by the owner's two that lookedl like mirror images of ours.This is truly a place that accomodates dogs. The room was very clean and the owners apparently do all the upkeep. They recommended dinner at the Crab Shack across the street, which was not very good...I would heartily recommend the shrimp burgers at the drive-in next door and thefresh fish at Willie's Seafood however. The beach right at Salter Path seems to be theleast crowded on the island. For a very low key relaxing beach vacation that wont suck money out of your wallet this is a top choice.

9  Thank ScottOakIsland_NC
A TripAdvisor Member
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed April 22, 2004

My family and I had the very lucky chance to stay at William and Garland Motel and we could not have chosen a better motel. The beach there is not crowded at all and the sand is like sugar. The restaurants were within walking distance of our room and our room was the cleanest we have ever stayed in. Our hosts, William and Peggy could not do enough for us. They were welcoming and accommodating and did their best to make our stay a memorable one. Thanks folks for your lovely small family motel.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salter Path
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#2 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
#8 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#1 of 5 in Morehead City

Been to William and Garland Motel? Share your experiences!