“Good food; great service!”
Review of The Crab Shack

The Crab Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: The Crab Shack Restaurant is a family owned business serving patrons for the past 40 years. Our menu consists of all types of seafood including fish, shrimp, homemade crab cakes and of course... CRABS! We also have the best steaks on the island! Sandwiches include hamburgers, cheeseburgers, shrimp burgers, etc. and our "just like mama's" grilled cheese sandwich. We offer daily lunch specials, including your choice of an entree, 2 veggies and sweet or unsweet tea, available 7 days a week. We pride ourselves on fast, courteous service where you're treated like one of the family. Our kid-friendly atmosphere keeps our annual vacationers coming back year after year. The main dining room overlooks beautiful Bogue Sound. (We don't even charge extra for the view!) Our shrimp boats parked out back, add a beautiful back drop to your dining experience. So if you're looking for fresh seafood, land-lubbers delights and a fun time for you and the family, give us a try... you won't be sorry!
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I have to stop looking for my mothers' crab cakes-lol!!! That being said, the crab cakes are very good at the Crab Shack! There is nothing like fresh seafood and theirs did not disappoint! I also had a great view!!
I'll definitely eat there again!

There are newer reviews for The Crab Shack

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We picked this spot to have a nice view of the marina -- which we did -- and well-prepared fresh seafood -- which we did -- and hopefully some good local beer -- which we did. Home run on all accounts!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We arrived to Atlantic Beach travel weary and wanted some time on the beach, as well as dinner. 10 minute walk down the beach and we had a window seat at the Crab Shack- taking in a gorgeous sunset while having some of the freshest seafood I've ever had. My wife enjoyed the BBQ chicken sandwich, while I did a steam pot. The jalapeno cornbread was excellent, as was the whole meal. The staff was courteous and responsive. We were fortunate to save room for dessert, as the tropical cobbler and brownie sundaes were fabulous. Great spot to visit.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

First time I had been to the The Crab Shack. It is rustic, nothing fancy and very busy. I find seafood on the coast is usually very expensive and not as good as what I can get at home. I had fried shrimp and it was very good as was everything that went with it but it was pricey. My sister in law had the crab legs and was pleased but my brother was not impressed with the devil crab that came on his "Crab Shack Best Catch" plate. Our waitress was good and friendly. I did not like the fact that they would not seat you until ALL of your party had arrived and Regrettably my back was to the windows and I could not not enjoy the beautiful view of the Intracoastal Waterway .

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We ate at the Crab Shack for the first time about a month ago and we have lived here for 36 years. It is WONDERFUL and we highly recommend it. The seafood is fresh and cooked to perfection. The staff and wait staff are some of the nicest around. Planning a trip back today!!! Thank you Crab Shack for keeping FRESH LOCAL Seafood on the table!!

1  Thank Linda S