“A last minute stop after seeing their sign”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Frost Seafood House - CLOSED

Frost Seafood House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Located in the Heart of Salter Path . . . .
Windermere, Florida
“A last minute stop after seeing their sign”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stopped at the frost Seafood House while heading home from the beach due to the fact that they had bluefish. Bluefish is my favorite fish, but one that I've seldom had the opportunity to have since I moved from Virginia. So I couldn't pass the chance even though I wasn't hungry yet. The restaurant had ample parking and looked to have two separate entrances. The second entrance towards the back didn't have the specials board so people continuously were walking up front.

Since I already knew what I was having, I didn't pay much attention to the menu. However it looked to have a nice selection of seafood, sandwiches and other options (including steak). The lunch specials included two sides and iced tea for less than $8 each. The bluefish came out lightly fried and was very good. While I prefer it broiled, it still was definitely worth eating.

The restaurant surprisingly wasn't too crowded. Don't know if this was because it was a Sunday or most people were spending their lunch hour on the beach before the rain came. The atmosphere was nice and what you would expect of a seafood restaurant along the coast. You will find nice portioned food that is both of high quality and at an affordable cost. I would definitely recommend Frost Seafood House while in the Emerald Isle area. You can also call in (which apparently a lot of people did given the phone rang non-stop) for take-out.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Terrible time trying to pay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family and I at at frost for breakfast this morning and I have to say that the food and waitstaff were great the only problem was when we tried to pay our bill the cashier was no where in sight we asked a waitress if there was anyone to take our money and she called for the cashier but we did not see her for another 5 minutes she seemed to occupied with other things than taking our money do to this We will not be back but everything else was good .

Athens, Tennessee
“Bland”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Nice waitress, but my wife totally agreed that the food was bland!! From the hush puppies to the seafood - everything was bland. My shrimp was lukewarm. My green beans were bland. The rolls probably came from Wal-Mart. I expect this kind of bland seafood from the frozen section of a grocery store. Sorry, but way too expensive for the lack of food quality. My wife "fished" about 6, one inch long bones out of her flounder (which was bland). Food was on the table very quickly, probably too quickly...

• Visited July 2013
“Fast Service, So-so Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Fast service but the food was mediocre. Soft shelled crab was tough, chewy and bland. Prime rib was dry. Best part of the meal was the hush puppies.

Visited July 2013
Monticello, Kentucky
“Just average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Frozen clam strips in a beach seafood restaurant not acceptable. Service OK but quality of food not good. Value not there. Atmosphere not changed in 25 years.

• Visited June 2013