“Great Dinner”

Port Of Call Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A casual dining restaurant with a panoramic view of beautiful Bogue Sound! Located in the HEART of Salter Path, NC. We offer a mouth-watering menu adorned with certified angus beef, fresh local seafood, traditional Salter Path dishes, and many Port of Call originals. We have all ABC Permits and an extensive beer and wine menu that is sure to please. While you're here, be sure to explore the rich heritage of the Salter Path people and become part of the evolution of this quaint fishing village.
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Tonight we had a great meal at this restaurant. The wait wasn't bad for what you'd expect this time of year from a restaurant that is located on the water. First, the apps came. Those large Shrimp were amazing. Nice and rich flavor. Most of the table had the steaks and they were cooked just right. I had some fried oysters and scallops. That in my mind is what scallops are supposed to taste like. To finish it off....the cheesecake.....nice! Our waitress was very nice and our drinks never went dry. She was always there to take away the plates when we were finished with that course. All in all........this place was more than worth the money. My family and I will return when we visit again in the fall.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Arrived and hostess said 45 mins wait. However our wait turns into 2 1/2 hours of WAITING with 7 month old twins & a 4 1/2 yr old. We had a total party of 10... Never again! I'd say small parties but not large.. We ended up sitting down at separate tables 4 at one 6 at the other and again waited an hour for our food which turned out to be terrible and not worth the money. The fried shrimp our 4 yr old ordered was fried and had no batter on them. Gross. All in all terrible experience no discount was offered--- CRAB SHACK all the Way!!!!! Never again will we try this restaurant. CRAB SHACK- CRAB SHACK!!

1  Thank Amber123456
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The only bad thing I can say about the Port of Call is that we went here on our last night, so we only got to go once! This place was fantastic. Great views of the sound, our server was super friendly, and our food was absolutely delicious! My kids shared the flounder kids meal. The restaurant let us have the fish prepared broiled rather than fried for them and they gobbled it up! They ate more this night than any other night that whole week! My husband had the SP Shrimp Sub...the shrimp were very lightly fried...just enough to make them crispy, but not so covered in breading you couldn't tell what you were eating. It was wonderful. I had the salmon special...it was maple glazed and fabulous, and I had the redskin mashed potatoes and asparagus on the side. Everything was scrumptious. The hush puppies and garlic cheddar muffins were the icing on the cake. We will definitely be back the next time we visit Emerald Isle!!!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife and I went there a few days ago for a date night and had a great time! I got the Mahi and it was excellent. My wife got the stuffed red peppers and liked hers as well. They were busy but we didn't have to wait too long for the food. The only negative was it was very loud so carrying on a conversation was difficult at times. Otherwise a great place with great food at great prices.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I hate that feeling of being ripped of after I leave a restraurant. Service was slow ,food was nothing to ever want to come back for. And the aluminum porch chairs made our back hurt !! We are just seasonal people but we will never return again!!! Sorry, better fix things fast or your not going to be around long.