“Salisbury”

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Salisbury

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Great location, restaurants nearby, very clean,

Pool was OK... pretty much in the parking lot. The hotel behind this one abutted the pool and that hotel (economy inn, i think) was pretty sad but didn't affect the Day's Inn.

Only negative... they charge EXTRA for a non-smoking room.

Service was good, very friendly, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: rear building may be newer construction but both are good
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2012

There is too much to tell the whole story so I'll just make a list:
room smelled like smoke
front desk was RUDE
1st night a bug was in the drawer
turned the heat on and the smoke detector went off
the window is facing the parking lot which is good because I can check on my car but that is the only good light, all of the lamps are DIM
the towels were all dingy

Room Tip: keep driving
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank marissa d
Reviewed July 10, 2012

On our way through NC to the outer banks, we checked in to the Days Inn in Salisbury, NC. The lobby reeked of moth balls, and there boxes of supplies stacked in different places in the lobby, and was in a general state of uncleanness.
The kicker was when we got to our room, I killed a couple roaches in the first five minutes. Within five more minutes, roaches were crawling out from the dresser, from under the microwave, and anywhere else they could come from. Needless to say, I asked for my money back and we drove on down the road another hour, and had a perfect stay at the Country Inn and Suites for only a few dollars more.
I would never recommend staying here. Thinking about it now, the clerk at the front desk didn't seem surprised or bothered by this at all. I get the feeling that this is normal for this hotel.

Room Tip: Bring roach spray
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

While the price and location were perfect for my needs, this was someplace I probably would not return to. The day had been hot, and as I entered the room at 1030PM, two things were noticeable; There had been no a/c on all day, and the room stunk of human SWEAT, overpoweringly so. After about 30 minutes of air conditioning, it sort of went away. Also a minus were the sheets and towels, which were very basic. There was no tub, but that was detailed in other reviews. Other point was that the breakfast room seemed incredibly cramped, even though it was not full.

Front Desk Staff seemed pleasant and willing, but Housekeeping is not the strong suit here.

Room Tip: Second Building is back from the highway, very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Everything was close by (restaurants and shopping centers). The rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed March 7, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at his hotel (a few days ago)...it was aweful inside and out!! As soon as we pulled into the parking lot, we felt like we were in the hood. We walked in and the hallway was filled with cigarette smoke. The room was tiny, the bathroom was about as big as my little boy's closet, there was no tub, only a shower. The bed was as hard as a rock. I didn't even want to bring food into the room. I took a shower, the door rubbed against my foot leaving some sort of black residue, it was gross!!!! All night I could hear people walking back and forth upstairs so I go no sleep and was exhausted the next day. We couldn't open our curtain because being on the first floor any and everybody could look in and on top of that you could completely open the window...ridiculous...I'm not lying at all, I will never stay at this dump again!!!!

Room Tip: avoid this place at all cost!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple