“Lots of Q and Wonderful Pups”
Review of Richard's Bbq

Richard's Bbq
Ranked #45 of 174 Restaurants in Salisbury
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The chopped BBQ plate was huge. Lots of Q on the plate. Has to be the most moist BBQ that I have had. The pintos and black eyed were good, but he hushpuppies stole the show. These are some of the best I've had in a while. Sauce provided was good basic eastern style, nothing fancy, but good. Enjoyed the lunch and thought it was well worth the $10.

There are newer reviews for Richard's Bbq

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Ate bbq for lunch 5 days during my past visit to NC. Richard's chopped pork sandwich was good basic "Lexington style" que - but you gotta try their chicken (not sure if it's offered every day). Chicken was very moist and flavorful - BBQ (not fried). Sides were good (veggies) and they have the best hush puppies I had in any of the five BBQ places I ate.

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

This place is among several BBQ places in and near Salisbury. I have only been to this one. The chopped BBQ plate is a ton of food. You get 2 sides, the fries are great. They have 1 vinegar based (homemade) and 1 sweet (sweet baby rays) kinda lame.
The sweet tea and hush puppies were awesome! Not sure if I'd go back, but check it out.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I've eaten at Richard's since it first opened in the mid-1970s. I no longer live in NC, but always eat at Richard's when I visit family in Salisbury 2-3 times a year. It's the one place I never miss. I've eaten at almost every bbq place in Rowan County, plus many other areas, but nothing tops Richard's. Their chopped pork (shoulder) is my favorite food in the world. It's smoky and juicy and even tastes good without sauce, although I love their tangy thin sauce made of vinegar and red pepper. The slaw (vinegar-based cabbage and tomato) and hush puppies are great, too. Perfect with a Cheerwine. Richard's chopped whole pork shoulders are also great to buy and take home, especially for Christmas dinner.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Quick friendly hometown type service. Lots of choices, excellent hushpuppies.... Really enjoyed the chopped BBQ sandwich and sweet tea. Excellent service, waitstaff was catering to our every need. Wish I lived closer so I could visit more often.