“Cajun Style Food served with Southern Hospitality”
Review of Gritz - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gritz
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Cajun Style Food served with Southern Hospitality”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Locals recommended this restaurant with good reason. We had lunch and it was excellent. I had the Jalapeno Bacon Cheeseburger, which was outstanding, my wife had Shrimp Jambalaya, which she said was the best she ever had. She got a side order of grits as an extra just because. Prices are very reasonable to boot. We would have liked to go back for breakfast, for their selections were different and appealing, but we'll save that for next time. The staff here was outstanding, we had a nice conversation with a couple of them, getting pointers for local attractions as well as just friendly talking. Highly recommended!

• Visited August 2013

charlotte, nc
“Get the shrimp and grits at Gritz”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I friend who lives in Salisbury has long ranted and raved about the shrimp and grits and after lunch yesterday afternoon, I understand why. Great, customer service...we were greeted by everyone as soon as we walked in the restaurant. Our server was efficient, friendly, and very accommodating.

We all (three of us) had the Shrimp and Grits and we were all pleased (and all of us are true southern girls, from the NC and SC coast and Mississippi Delta, so we know what shrimp and grits should taste like).

The other menu items were tempting, but I had to try the shrimp and girts. They were creamy, flavorful (I did not have to add any salt or pepper), and the shrimp were cooked just right. Just sitting here writing about them makes me want to go back!

They even had bread pudding on the menu, so I am looking forward to trying that, because if it is half as good as the shrimp and grits, I am in for a treat.

Visited August 2013
Salisbury, NC
“Simply Devine”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

From awesome hospitality to wonderful food I can not say enough about this restaurant. I would make plans to dine here, it truly is that great! My husband and I have tried several items on the menu and have never been disappointed.

Visited July 2013
Concord, North Carolina
“Locally owned with a great atmosphere”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stopped here for lunch on recommendation from my uncle. I loved the murals and paintings on the walls and could hardly stop looking at them long enough to order my lunch. Of course I had to try the grits so I ordered Shrimp and Grits and was very pleased with them. The shrimp weren't too little, and the grits were creamy and spicy. My friend ordered fried chicken which came with two sides. They offer three sides to chose from and he was disappointed that there wasn't a starch. He chose pinto beans and green beans and said they were both very good. The prices were reasonable and the service was friendly. We will definitely go back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank grave_seeker
Salisbury, North Carolina
“A bit of low country in the Old North State”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The menu is a mix of New Orleans and Charleston, SC at it's best. The seating is a little tight, but they are opening up an extension. Very personal service. Great coffee. Brunch available every morning, except Sunday (they aren't open on Sunday). Try the Lobster and grits. Grits are the creamiest you will find outside of New Orleans.

• Visited March 2013