“Great food, sushi and prices!”
Review of Bangkok Downtown

Bangkok Downtown
Ranked #15 of 173 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Thai
Phoenix
“Great food, sushi and prices!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I've eaten here a few times since I came to town. The atmosphere is very nice. You can dress up or down. There is a sushi bar as well as a large dining area. Located on the corner of the main road through town, it is easy to get to with street parking or parking in the rear. The food has always been delicious and the service quite good as well.

• Visited November 2013

Concord, North Carolina
“Great Experience”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Service to please cannot be over-stated here and the staff go to great lengths to ensure customer satisfaction. We've been 4 Xs with consistent results on each occasion. I like the ambiance, the quiet charm and convenient corner location smack in the middle of town. Can't miss it. Chef "John" is excellent at preparing any taste or style desired. We rarely eat meat or fish out since we only eat sustainable, humanely raised, and pastured animal products, but the vegetable options are more than adequate and are very tasty. If you like spicy-hot for a dish not listed as such, let 'em know and you can get it at your preferred level of heat. (Except for the meat/fish issues I'd rate Bangkok Downtown 5 stars instead of 4.)

• Visited November 2013
Salisbury
“What A Shame”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

What A SHAME! This restaurant is located in downtown Salisbury and is beautiful inside, however, misses a great chance at being an excellent sushi spot. The sushi is good don't get me wrong but....the service at the restaurant is terrible. I have tried to give it a chance for more than 2 years now and have to drive to Concord if I want any decent sushi with good service. I talked to management last time I was there and still nothing. I will not ever be back in this restaurant and based on the crowd that is there, others have the same idea. I do not want to sound like one of those patrons that can't be satisfied...so I encourage you to go but you have been warned on what you will experience.

• Visited October 2013
piedmont of NC
“Mediocre”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Beautiful building and interior, in historic downtown setting. Service we witnessed was subpar...on the way to be seated we were held up so a phone take out order could be taken, girl clearing tables was clanging and creating a lot of noise. Had to wait a while for refills and box. Food was just ok. Sweet and sour Chicken had strange smoked taste and rubbery consistency. Not impressed with our visit, definitely did not feel like it was a good value. Probably will not return.

• Visited July 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very good Thai food!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were in town for a business meeting and stopped here for lunch. Apparently they had recently moved/renovated the space in a wonderful corner building downtown. The ambiance and architecture of the place is very impressive, and the looks of the place match the great taste. Our table got a mix of appetizers, sushi, and Thai meals, and everyone was both full and delighted with the food. I don't know when I'll be in that part of the state again, but I'm going there next time I am in town!

• Visited January 2013