“about what I expected for the price”
Review of Super 8 Salisbury

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed one night for a family visit. The check-in agent was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is a reasonable hotel, thus what you get is good for this price point hotel. The corridors are interior; however, I did not see an elevator. The rooms were clean and bed comfortable. If you need a very deep, quality sleep; I recommend the back rooms as the front room I had was noisy with highway traffic. Light did enter around the curtains some. I can sleep with tv on, thus did that for the "white noise". The breakfast was only muffins, a waffle maker, instant grits, or instant oatmeal. Then, the beverages were juice, tea, or coffee stations. The washcloths and towels are very thin and rough, but again it's a value hotel.

There was a problem with the light switch in the shower, which had me a bit concerned with a potential electrical problem in the shower, but nothing happened and I noticed it as I was getting into the shower and just didn't want to fool with the front desk, yet told them upon check out.

Also, it bothers me when service staff in our country do not speak English. If you are in a country to work and serve the public, you should know the language. PERIOD. We have a strong unemployment rate and those who respect this in need of jobs. From 8-10 am, the staff seemed to be conversing loudly up and down the hall in their language and then in the same room as four various tables of guests were trying to eat and they came in putting chairs on the tables and, again, talking loudly. Again, if you're in our country speak our language and be courteous when you are attempting to provide service.

Finally, when I walked into my room after check-in the lights were on and the bed appeared to have been sat on, but nothing used. Since it was around 8 pm or so, I didn't fool with contacting the front desk to be moved. I just noticed it and thought it odd, but it could have been the cleaning folks ...

Room Tip: Request a room on the back side as the front is noisy and more brightly lit.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2013

During this stay , I saw three little black bugs. I also was not pleased, my door
key would not unlock my door, I had to go to the front desk three times , the three time the lady worked back with me and it finally worked. I was diappointed this was my third stay. I also called the front desk for a wah cloth , told me I had to come down, and get it.Also when , I turned on the heat it made a terrible noise. Will not return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salisbury
Quality Inn
Courtyard Salisbury
#2 of 10 in Salisbury
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salisbury
Comfort Inn & Suites Kannapolis - Concord

Been to Super 8 Salisbury? Share your experiences!