Super 8 Salisbury
$63
QualityInn
Courtyard Salisbury(Salisbury)
$121
Affordable Suites Lexington(Lexington)(Great Value!)
$67
$62
TripAdvisor
All reviewsindoor poolroom was cleannascar raceother guestswould stay againoff the highwayflat screen tvpleasant stayvery nice hoteleasy accessthe breakfast areamotelihopncmicrowavefiaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I want to start off by saying that my husband is an active duty service member.......we travel around the country ALOT and have stayed at MANY hotels and alot of Super 8 hotels.
We have never had an issue at any of them, always felt the hotel was well kept and clean and neat and had good service and ameneties...........that was NOT the case this past Saturday night the 23rd of February~~~

I arrived later in the evening around 10:30. Tired from a day of travel and subsequent high school chorus concert (our reason for being in town). My son was tired and ready for bed when we arrived, so when I walked into the lobby and noticed the run down appearance, I ignored it. Checked in and got our room.
I should have gone with my gut.
The hallways smelled of cigarette smoke. Upon entering our room it was stale in smell. Small and just run down!
Again, I decided to ignore it because we were tired and there for just one night.

I proceeded to turn on the vanity light.............it only flickered. But never came to full light.
The bedside lights...........NOTHING.
The bathroom light.............NOTHING
The only light that worked in the room was the wall light next to the TV.

By this time I was getting aggrevated and wondering why I had paid $80 for a room that only HALF worked.

Move forward an hour. We are settled in the beds.......my 7 year old son is sound asleep. I have drifted off to sleep when not 15 minutes later I hear a dog barking outside............I attempt to sleep through it....but NO.
The dog or dogs continued to bark, howl, and carry on ALL NIGHT LONG.
I went to the desk at 2:30 in the morning to request that your staff do something about the poor neglected dogs who had apparently been left in the back of a truck in the cold weather.........
Nothing was done...............the howling and barking continued until 5:00 am
when I am assuming the hunters to which the dogs belonged took off to go hunting.

I am an animal welfare and rescue personnel..........this did NOT sit well with me that the dogs were being neglected in such a manner, but moreso..........I was not able to sleep a wink ALL NIGHT LONG and my 7 year old son slept fitfully

I am FURIOUS that I paid for a room in which I did NOT sleep, that had only one light working and was just sub-par.

Room Tip: choose a room at a different hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I use to stay at the Super 8 and it was really nice. It has an indoor pool. The last few times I have stayed there it seems as it is being run down..The rooms are not as nice as they use to be. The cleanliness is not up to par. The hallway has bad stains on the floor as do the rooms. It is noisey and not managed very well espically if you have to call the front desk 5 times from 12pm till 3am complaing about the noise from up above.

Room Tip: The only thing I liked was the fact of the indoor pool... But couldn't use it because it was not heated...That was bad on my part because it use to be..... I can't honestly tell you what a good room would be. Because of the price and getting your moneys worth it just isn't there......
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at this motel because I needed a quick get away from. I live in Rockwell. The room was very nice, clean and the bathroom was clean. The only complaint I had was the towels and the entire bathroom smelled like cigarette smoke. (It was a non-smoking room) It was a very nice for the price. I would stay there again if I needed it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo