“Fast, tasty, affordable...”

The Palms Cafe
Ranked #20 of 173 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Salisbury, NC
“Fast, tasty, affordable...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed. Great breakfast, lunch, and dinner selections and everything is affordable. The staff at the counter is always pleasant and I've never waited long for my food. I'll continue to visit The Palms!

• Visited March 2012

Fleming Island, Florida
“Overrated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

My wife and I visited The Palms Cafe with our daughter on a recent Saturday at 1:00 PM. This was our second visit and I was not impressed with the first visit's food but decided to give it a second chance. I ordered one of their lunch specials which was average at best. I am amazed that any restaurant would serve a hot lunch item just barely warm, if that. In addition to the main entre being just warm, the other two side items were basically served cold. The kitchen staff should be aware that certain foods need to be served hot.

• Visited March 2012
“Nice sandwichs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

The atmosphere for a sandwich place is great. The kids menu is nice and offers a good variety, even for picky eaters. The sandwich meat they use is very good quality, and no corners are cut. The sandwichs are pretty large and pilled high with really nice toppings. This place is great like a real deli and I am from NY. Everything is order and they bring it to you. I really wish it was set up with a waiter that takes your order at your table, but real deli's are setup just like this. Takeout is just as good. Great little place.

“Excellent. Great prices but quirky setup!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

We ate here in August 2011 for dinner and awesome gelato dessert. The food was excellent. I had the Grecian (beef) tips over rice with two sides. One was the sweet potato souffle and the other was a request - grilled peppers and onions. She had chicken tips (all white meat) with a (large) salad and a fresh apple. Both dinners were $8 and were served over rice mixed with peppers, onions and peas. I'm a big eater but I left filled.

We shared a gelato - $4 for "2 scoop" which made the price reasonable. Excellent.

Here's the quirkiness which could overwhelm first-timers. You walk in and have to order at the counter (they bring the meals to your table). You are faced with many huge blackboards filled with hand-written items for breakfast, lunch, dinner, specialty coffees and desserts. This makes it difficult to calmly sit and decide what you want and is not the easiest to read especially with all the possibilities and options. You are on line to order so you have to order quickly or (we didn't know) you can ask for menus that you can stand there and read. But it is very confusing and if there are many people, you'll eventually have to get on the line and give your order.

Food is served on real plates but you have to get your own flatware (it's real, not plastic) but they give you cheap plastic cups for drinks which you get and refill yourself.

Luckily, we went late so we had time to ask the counter guy about options. I'd feel very rushed not being sure what we wanted if there were people behind us. Could I order peppers and onions in lieu of the pre-mixed mixed vegetables? Yes, but he had to ask someone first to find out. Was the chicken all white meat? Yes. I get the tips over rice, peppers and onions PLUS two sides? Yes.

I'd give this place a definite plus even though it is apparently part of a chain but, as I said, be prepared. We weren't and were confused. If you read this, you should be prepared.

They do have tables outside facing a small parking lot (with a lot more parking to the side) with a fire station across the street so if there is a fire call and you're sitting outside or by the window, you get some free excitement.

Although it has little romance (except for some tiki lights) and no fancy atmosphere, the food was very inexpensive, the portions generous, the taste excellent and we enjoyed ourselves. It deserve 5 circles.

• Visited August 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
“very good food, very good menu, very good price...oh...nice atmosphere too.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

it's a greek diner with a nice look. i had a chicken burrito that was really good and it was cheap. i had a couple of bars for dessert too that were good. service is great. employees are friendly. if i lived there, i'd be eating there at least once a week. seriously.

• Visited May 2011