“Wing a ding ding!?”

Good for: Families with children
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Wing a ding ding!?”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Was in the area and heard of the restaurant and decided to stop in. Store was clean and got seated right away. We ordered the shrimp appitizer with hot sauce.. was very good, but the rest of the meal was just ordinary at best. My wife's pork tacos were still cold in the middle and the french dip steak sandwich was very disappointing, very little meat. The new menu, that the server did not know, is very very confusing and jumps around a lot. Too confusing, too many choices and just plain tiring to read. The, thousands and thousands it seemed like, wings flavors was very intimidating and confusing... we past on them! Was expecting a more but would try again.

• Visited April 2012

Charlotte, NC
“We love us some East Coast Wings!”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Their wings are absolutely the best. This is a great restaurant with good service and good food. Most of the dishes are sandwiches or a little heavy (fried), but this is still one of our favorites in Salisbury. I highly recommend the boneless wings, but caution: They're addictive!

Visited March 2012
Salisbury, North Carolina
“Worst Place to Eat in Town - "Just a chain"”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

As a "card carrying" frequent customer I'm just so disappointed in how this restaurant is so much "a chain" without any concept of "customer service" and the food just isn't that good. Since Salisbury doesn't have an overabundance of eating places you always hope that a restaurant can make a go of it, but East Coast Wings has failed on almost every point. For example:
1) grilled food is fairly bland (must be boiled). naked is the only choice of wings (none breaded), sauce is really only choice on wings
2) anything that you ask for different is "extra" (additional hot sauce is $.65), hot sauce instead of dressing on a salad extra...
3) Menu is full of "gotchas", "bottomless" chips...only bottomless for 4 people (with 6 people bottomless means one basket, even if most are broken), Soup and Sandwich...extra charge for chilli (even if it's not listed on the menu)...hiden items too many to cover
3) Lunch menu not online and they won't give you a copy (they don't even want you to see it after you order

I was trying to give them a break but after speaking to the manager today about how unfriendly they are, this is the answer I received...and I quote..."That's the American Way, go the EastCoastWings.com and complain". Sorry but I thought the American Way was..."the customer is always right", but I can only seem to find that attitude at the Mexican Restaurant!

If you're looking for a local place go to Christos Family restaurant in town, right down the road, better prices and better wings.

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank Tripper_David
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Our server made our visit great”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We came here for a late lunch and were seated quickly even though the place seemed busy. Since a few members of our party were new to ECW, we had a few questions for our server and she fielded them well. She even had a little reference card that helped describe the myriad of wing flavors and she patiently assisted us all.

The wings were fine, the celery was fresh. The homemade chips were pretty good, although a little greasy, but I guess that's to be expected due to the frying method.

We stayed quite a long time to catch up with old friends and family and our server did not rush us, but made sure we had what we needed until we departed. She then bid us farewell with a genuine smile.

Overall, we enjoyed our visit here very much. I only wish I had remembered our server's name so I could let her supervisor know she did an outstanding job.

• Visited December 2011
Kannapolis, North Carolina
“If you like a fryer, then please support this restaurant”
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I have been to both local locations of ECW and I am more and more convinced that they know how to run a fryer, but little else.

The wings are fine, and the sauces are extensive, but as other posters have commented, they charge for different sauces, and charge for two sauces when you want heat with your sauce. Also, the prices of their food is not cheap, and the up charge makes the food unreasonably priced. Stay away from the homemage chips because they are soggy and not good, the fries are fine.

The draft beer selection is all domestic, but be careful! They have a separate price for "premium domestic" beer. You won't know which ones are premium and probably neither will the server, so a manager has to get involved when ordering a pitcher of beer with wings. Crazy huh?

Overall, if you are looking for a local hangout with wings, sports, and beer, then go elsewhere. You will end up paying too much over any amount of time to think you got a good deal here. Once in a while, I will pay for 10 Kentucky Bourbon wings medium if I want a treat. Other than that, I tend to pass.

• Visited June 2011