“Good Food, Great People, Awesome Prices and Portions”

Il Colosseo Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #17 of 173 Restaurants in Salisbury
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Il Colosseo Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria is operated and managed by The Scotto Family. They take pride in preparing the authentic Italian dishes. They bring the wonderful selections of fine Italian sauces, breads, pastas, pizzas, desserts, and more, from their small town on the outskirts of Naples, Italy, called Monte di Procida just for you. Delicious Italiano! We are open 6 days a week, Tuesday through Sunday, 1100 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Ample parking in our lot, Wifi available, family restaurant, delicious Italian dishes including pizza and wings.
Orange County, California
“Good Food, Great People, Awesome Prices and Portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

I've been coming here ever since I moved to Salisbury three years ago. I am originally from the Northeast and travel the east coast for work quite often, so I'd like to think I know good pizza and Italian-American cooking when I see it. Il Colosseo is the best in town hands down. They even have a pretty good wine list and draft beer too. Always ask the server for Teo's (chef) specials of the day. Can't go wrong there. I love the homemade bruschetta!!!! There pasta dishes are thoughtful and their pizza is pretty authentic.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank joshl126

Rockwell, NC
“Going down hill fast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2009

I was a regular at IL Colosseo up until very recently. I guess with the bad economy, some restaurants think they can serve lesser quality food and get away with it. IL Colosseo is a prime example of a great restaurant making bad decisions. Up until they changed the chicken Parmesan, they had the best dish in town. But now they are using a different breaded chicken breast that is not the high quality they once served. They have also decided to serve less noodles and sauce which again takes away from the value of their food. I have other folks make negative comments about IL Colosseo when we are selecting a place to eat lunch. I am sure they have seen a decline in business but may not have linked it to their reduction in food quality and quantity. They have also had some turnover in wait staff which always is a negative sign especially to the regulars. I hope they get the message and go back to serving the high quality food they once were known for.

1 Thank Witteman
Salisbury, North Carolina
“Good family Owned and Operated Italian Resturant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2009

Il Colosseo is run by a Italian family that use tried and true recipes that have been pasted down threw ages. The prices are very reasonable and the portions are very large its easy to find and there is amble parking .
There is normally a Lunch special that gives you a price break. I have seen it crowded at Lunch because, it along with one other is the only Family owned and operated Italian restaurant in Salisbury.. Everything that I have tried has been excellent but, do not take my word for it try it for yourself!!!

2 Thank jleetw1