“I will stretch and give excellent rating”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ivan's Restaurant

Ivan's Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 173 Restaurants in Salisbury
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fine Dining in a Relaxed and Casual Atmosphere
Lebanon, New Jersey
1,097 restaurant reviews
“I will stretch and give excellent rating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

It is hard to get my excellent rating, I considered going very good, but have to reward effort and taste. And consider the area - other options/competition. The peanuts-on-floor atmosphere of the bar makes a nice mis-match with wooden dining room and finely prepared steaks. Staff is friendly and attentive. We started with beers in bar, then apps at table. Beer and cheese soup was an excellent flavor - good to share for two, because the main meal is coming. But not unitl after salads - which were very nice [included]. We also had the crab dip app - which was good, though not exceptional. I had a filet Pittsburgh style filet - which I learned was seared in very hot cast iron pan - rare in middle. Only real draw back on the night was that my steak was only warm. It should have came out straight from pan - sizzling. But if that was the only negative, I guess they deserve excellent rating.

• Visited October 2013

Charlotte, North Carolina
“your go-to place for steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

There is nothing not to like about Ivan's. It serves fine food, yet it is not pretentious. It's been run by the same family for many years. Great little bar, too, with buckets of shelled peanuts. For Salisbury, it's one of the pricier restaurants, so for some people, it's the place to go for birthdays, anniversaries, special occasions.

Visited June 2013
Mocksville, North Carolina
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

I love Ivan's. This place has some of the best food around the area. The staff is always extra friendly and they always are willing to go the extra mile to make your experience enjoyable. I always have the filet and it is always good.

The spicy sautéed mushrooms and appetizer shrimp is also the best I have ever eaten.

Always recommend this place.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JoynerTrio
Concord, North Carolina, United States
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Went to Ivan's to celebrate my birthday with my husband. Wonderful food, wonderful service, and good value for the money. I had the small filet migon with fresh vegetables and a salad with parmesean peppercorn dressing and my husband had the salmon with lime sauce, baked potato and salad with Ivan's homemade honey mustard dressing. Both were fantastic but next time I will have the salmon and the honey mustard dressing!! Salmon was perfectly seared and the dressing was fabulous. The steak was wonderful as well! Bread was served HOT and they even served a lime sorbet to cleanse the palate after our salad course. Had the Chocolate Bomb for desert and it was light and refreshing, not too much if shared!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Vera D
charlotte, nc
“Great food to drive the distance for”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We drive 30 - 45 minutes (depending on where each of us lives) to go dine at Ivan's. If you want a great steak with a fine dining experience (without find dining prices), this is the place to go.

We are treated like family every time we visit and I cannot say enough great things about the level of service from the owner.

Most recently, had the lobster bisque (wish it had larger chunks of lobster in it), but it was great nonetheless. This place also has probably the best grilled shrimp around (large and tasty).

It may be slightly off the beaten path, but well worth the drive.

• Visited April 2013