“Poor Service”
Review of Mambo Grill - CLOSED

Mambo Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Went there tonight, very disappointed in the beverage service. For starters they do not stock non-alcoholic beer, which I do not understand. There are many good ones out there. I ordered water, as I frequently run into this. What is intolerable though was the wait my wife went through to receive wine service. The couple we were with ordered beer which came out quickly. The server neglected to ask my wife what wine she wanted. After 20 minutes of waiting and watching the server serve other patrons, I tracked him down at the bar and asked him to please wait on my wife, she is waiting to be asked what wine she wants. He said he would and then continued to ignore her. The food waiter appeared and we told him that my wife was still waiting for beverage service. He asked what she wanted, and we ordered food. Still no service. After another 15 min, he finally got the attention of the beverage server and the wine showed up at the table. When we got home I told the wife the wine she ordered was expensive, and she said then they made a mistake because she ordered the cheaper wine. So we got overcharged for intolerably slow service.
The food was ok, however the beverage service was so poor, that by the time the food came out the dining experience was ruined by the intolerable wait.
We will not be back, the service is just that poor, from not only the beverage service, but the wait staff in general. I hope management reviews this and addresses these issues, not to do so will eventually close a restaurant. Word of mouth travels fast.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We've traveled alot in the USA and abroad. In the last few years have driven from Maryland to Atlanta to visit grandchildren. This trip we stopped in Salisbury and were very pleasantly surprised to find Mambo Grill and its delicious latin food. Unprepossesing outside and modest interior hides excellent latin dishes. The churrasco and coconut shrimp were particularly good. Service was cheerful. Don't pass it by!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had a lovely dinner at the Mambo Grill. Our Groupon coupon gave us one appetizer to share and any two entrees. It was hard to make the selections since it all looked so good. We both had the Cuban style steak. My steak was stuffed with shredded pork which was excellent. The portions were huge and we were both unable to finish dinner. The waiter was very helpful and kept our water glasses filled. Mambo's reminded me of all the mom and pop Cuban restaurants in Tampa. We will definitely come back.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The mambo grill was awesome! The mojitos were the best I ever had. The appetizers were very good. Very friendly atmosphere. The entrees we very good. The coconut flan was really good. It was our first time there and we will definitely be back. And highly recommend Mambos to everyone.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I beg to differ with the customer that was unhappy with his Mahi Mahi. My husband and I have deemed Mambo Grill our new favorite restaurant. The Mojitos were mixed perfectly. The Mahi Mahi with Shrimp in Lobster Sauce was cooked to perfection. Everything on the menu that we have tried has been extraordinary. Save room if you can for a cup of cuban coffe and a piece of tres leches cake. The prices are very reasonable, both the entrees and drinks are quite affordable. Lastly, the staff is friendly and very efficient, they make you feel right at home