“Downgrading rating from previous post.”
Review of Mambo Grill - CLOSED

Mambo Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Downgrading rating from previous post.”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I went to Mambo when it was in a strip mall and really enjoyed the food. I was in the area recently and decided to go back and was really looking forward to it. I found Mambo in its new location and was pleased with the rustic feel of the new place (wobbly table and all). Unfortunately the restaurant was cold so I had to keep my coat on the whole time and the food was a major disappointment. Everything was overcooked and tasted like it had been kept in a warming tray.
The plantains were burned and the yuca was tough. I was raised on Cuban food so I always seek it out but I don't think I will go back to Mambo. So sorry.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Hootyj

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Their address is incorrect on Tripadvisor.

The correct address is:

1024 South Fulton Street in Salisbury.

I ordered the Hemingway chicken and it was tender meat and cooked perfectly. The #1 place to eat around here.

Good selection on the menu.

I highly recommend this.

“Delicious surprise in Salisbury”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

While traveling home from Charlotte, we found Mambo Grill in Salisbury in an attempt to avoid all the chain restaurants. It was so worth it! Fabulous Cuban food mixed with small-town hospitality. I would definitely return and recommend highly to my friends.

Hickory NC
“Who'd a thunk it?!?!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Oh my! Fine, funky food is Salisbury! A couple of us had lunch at the Mambo Grill for the first time this past week and were more than pleased. Decided to go with the server's recommendation, which she said would introduce us to some of the traditional Cuban fare offered at the restaurant. Had the delicious simmered pork, rice and beans, and the fried plantains. Will definately be returning to the Mambo Grill to try out more offerings on their menu. Our server was so friendly, and the food was outstanding.

Visited November 2012
Salisbury
“Don't waste another day. Go tonight!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I visited on a busy Saturday night. The servers were very friendly and we were seated quickly. I had the snow shrimp appetizer which was coconut crusted and served with a delicious sweet and spicy sauce. I can't recommend this highly enough. For a main course I had the tilapia with yellow rice, black beans, and plantains. The fish was very tender and perfectly cooked. I was amazed by how inexpensive it was and the amount of food I was served. I will go back here again and again.