“Delicious surprise in Salisbury”
Review of Mambo Grill - CLOSED

Mambo Grill
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 10, 2012

While traveling home from Charlotte, we found Mambo Grill in Salisbury in an attempt to avoid all the chain restaurants. It was so worth it! Fabulous Cuban food mixed with small-town hospitality. I would definitely return and recommend highly to my friends.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Oh my! Fine, funky food is Salisbury! A couple of us had lunch at the Mambo Grill for the first time this past week and were more than pleased. Decided to go with the server's recommendation, which she said would introduce us to some of the traditional Cuban fare offered at the restaurant. Had the delicious simmered pork, rice and beans, and the fried plantains. Will definately be returning to the Mambo Grill to try out more offerings on their menu. Our server was so friendly, and the food was outstanding.

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

I visited on a busy Saturday night. The servers were very friendly and we were seated quickly. I had the snow shrimp appetizer which was coconut crusted and served with a delicious sweet and spicy sauce. I can't recommend this highly enough. For a main course I had the tilapia with yellow rice, black beans, and plantains. The fish was very tender and perfectly cooked. I was amazed by how inexpensive it was and the amount of food I was served. I will go back here again and again.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We visited Mambo with high expectations. Many friends recommended this restaurant to us, so we tried it. My husband had pork, which he said was delicious. I tasted it and thought it was a solid good--but not delicious. I had fish, which was perfectly cooked, but not flavorful. The vegetables were the best thing on my plate, but they were steamed with a little salt, so nothing exceptional. I was even disappointed with the rice. I have Cuban friends, and I have tasted their cooking. I was expecting similar delicious flavors, but was disappointed.

And it's not just me. Even my husband said that although he really enjoyed the pork, the rest of the meal was just okay.

Our server was not friendly or helpful at all. He didn't give us his name. We could barely hear what he was saying. We watched how he treated guests at other tables, and he was only friendly with a table full of young girls. Other servers seemed to be attentive to their guests.

We really wanted to like this place, but unfortunately we won't return.

1  Thank MelbaQ
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The food is 9.5 out of 10 the only down fall is space it's not a large restaurant but the value makes up for it .... cheaper than McDonalds and 10 times better.

1  Thank upsfreightdriver