“Best takeaway Chinese ever!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Merredin Palace Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 12 Restaurants in Merredin
Cuisines: Chinese
“Best takeaway Chinese ever!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We have eaten take away chinese all over the country. After getting our meals we had to review it. Very tasty meals, great value for money aswell. The best chinese you will get in the west!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Daisyduke85

• Polish first
Williams, Australia
“Plenty to eat.”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

A nice meal was enjoyed here at the Palace Chinese Restaurant.
There was a good variety on offer and there was plenty to eat when our dishes were served.

Visited October 2013
Rockingham, Australia
“Not for lovers of Honey Chicken”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have eaten from here twice while visiting town. The first time I got honey chicken which while being tasty was soggy like it had been pre cooked.
The next time I was in town I dropped in to try them again. I told them about my previous experience and asked if they could prepare it fresh and if possible leave the honey off so that the chicken was crispy. They assured me they could. So I came back and ordered, went away and found that it was the same again!!!
I am not a local but amongst locals they tell me they have a good reputation so unless you are a fussy Honey Chicken eater like me :) you should be okay.

• Visited September 2013
Perth, Australia
“Corner of Bates Street”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Ate here on the first night of our Perth to Adelaide Nullarbor road trip. Arrived in Merredin tired, hungry and disappointed having intended to drive on to Southern Cross, Coolgardie or even Norseman on day one but having been delayed by the rental vehicle process taking much longer than anticipated (two hours as opposed to 1/2 hour). Found this restaurant by referring to the local tourist map provided free of charge at the caravan park.

The restaurant is cleverly housed in a former petrol station/mechanical garage. I was pleased to see that it was the type of establishment that the locals frequent, though they seem more likely to call in for take away (carry out). Despite the unglamorous décor, the meals did not disappoint. My partner had the combination satay; king prawn and vegetables for me, a large steamed rice to share (a small would have been sufficient), and with a can of soft drink each the meal totalled AUD 50.

I have dietary restrictions and the chef was able to accommodate my request.

The staff were keen to oblige; the table, dinnerware and implements were clean and the food hot, fresh, tasty and satisfying.

I had no need to visit the rest rooms so cannot comment on their condition.

If you can get over its plainness/utility, I would highly recommend this restaurant and would certainly eat there again if the opportunity arose.

• Visited August 2013