“Merredin Oasis”

Merredin Plaza All Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Merredin
Merredin Plaza All Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Merredin
“Merredin Oasis”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

One of the first motels on the right hand side as you enter Merredin heading north, stayed here at the Oasis recently on way to Kalgoorlie with my work and found it to be clean and comfortable.
The Reception was easy to find and open at about 6.30pm when i booked in with no reservation, which is a bonus in this part of the country. The receptionist / mngr ? was friendly and accomodating.
Room has a comfy bed, big TV, cold air con, and hot shower, and you can park right at the door, which is always a bonus when lugging your gear and lap top etc.
I think it was about $130 a night which is about average for up there.
Kettle, microwave and tea coffee was provided, quiet, comfy nights sleep. The pub is just out the front if you feel like a cold beer. My work has me stay in various motels / hotels thru out the north west and this is one of the better places i have stayed. Not 5 star but then it is what it is.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: They all seem the same?
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank BigBronco351

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 19, 2012

OK, but not our first pick. A hike back in to a place with a restaurant.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IanD64
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Dirty linen very old decor circa 1970
Postage stamp sized tv old type
Staff are by far the best asset this motel has everything else is sub standard very disappointed

• Stayed February 2012
Mandurah, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2012

My partner works in Kalgorlie and I live in mandurah so we decided to meet halfway and stay a night in merredin, I wasn't expecting anything special from what people have said. We stayed at the plaza and it's quite a nice motel it was very clean we had a very comfy king size bed and a large flat screen tv. There was a kettle and microwave and very limited silverware etc: you can't expect too much from such a tiny town in the middle of nowhere but I would have to give this motel a 10 out of 10.

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank Tasha3583
Reviewed October 21, 2010

After reading the last 2 reviews I thought the motel must have undergone major improvements since my last visit. Unfortunately I was wrong. Complimentary water and chocolates - in my dreams. My room didn't even contain complimentary tea & coffee. As for a 42" plasma, I know some of the rooms do have them but I must have drawn the short straw again. Mine was around 22" and the screen was not flat. As microwaves are provided my colleague & I brought pre-cooked food with us. Unfortunately my microwave was not functioning so had to go next door & use my colleague's. He didn't have any dinner plates in his room so had to use the ones from my room, one of which was too big to fit in the microwave. Luckily I wasn't there for a holiday as the pool was a very inviting green colour. As far as motels outside the major regional areas go this one is average, nothing more, and like a lot of others, overpriced.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I Travelled to Merredin for a special regional cabinet meeting and was fortunate enough that a cancellation allowed our party to move from a waiting list to a confirmed reservation.
My secretary dealt with Lisa at all times and she stated the level of professionalism was benchmark quality.
We arrived late afternoon to Lisa herself checking us in on the Sunday and it was such a breath of fresh air to speak to someone in regional WA with such a lovely attitude for the township.
Upon entering the room we were greeted with Bottled water, Lindor chocolates and a beautiful postcard that had been handwritten welcoming us to Merredin and dated that very day.
The motel suite was exceptional with quality linens and bathroom amenities.
Completed with Plasma screen televisions.
It was such a wonderful surprise to travel to regional WA and be presented with accommodation that would do our Tourism industry very proud and on top of that
be met by someone that should be an ambassador for Western Australia.
Well done Merredin Plaza All Suites, your efforts are truly appreciated.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank govgov
melbourne
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Seriously not sure what the other review was all about??
We fly around australia for 10 months of the year and stay in regional motels, caravan parks and shanty towns for our line of work all the time. Regional Australia is made up of 2 to 3 star hotels and how the last review made it under that heading seems somewhat suspect???
I have stayed at the Merredin Plaza All Suites on 5 different occasions and the cleanliness of the rooms have been of the highest standards at all times. There reception is open from midday to 8pm on weekdays and midday to 6pm on Saturday nights, the last reviewer forgot to mention that you can check in to the Plaza 24 hours a day by previous arrangement at the Oasis, the only motel in a 4 motel town that is still open all night long. The receptionist at the plaza is always polite and I have personally collected a key as late as midnight from the Oasis when we have arrived into town late. If the last reviewer was offered another suite at 10pm at night (later then you can even get into a country motel in about 99% of australia) THEN given a 20% discount on a room he or she "didnt" want to change from, then what gives them the right to make such a review? As a regional traveller through Australia people are lucky to find motels in small country towns, and Merredin has got 4 plus a van park in a population of less then a couple of thousand... Really... C'mon!!!! I can honestly say to find a King size bed, a plasma tv, a velvet lounge, your own microwave kettle and toaster etc etc etc the list goes on and most importantly absolutely spotless rooms half way between Perth and Kal its a luxury my team and I will continue to recommend.
Don't hesitate !

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
6 Thank MelbourneSunrise

Been to Merredin Plaza All Suites? Share your experiences!