“Nice place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Halls Creek
Darwin, Australia
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The hotel has large clean rooms which are very comfortable. The grounds are nice. Food was great. We had to eat at the bar area as the restaurant wasn't open either time we stayed. The food was VERY good. KIds and adults loved it. Expensive but that's Halls Creek for you!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Bindi_Oliva
Kimberley A, General Manager at Kimberley Hotel Halls Creek, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hi Bindi,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay, we are very lucky with staff at present who are doing their best to make time in the Kimberley pleasant. I hope we see you again and can offer the same experience.
Tim Campion GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Once again this hotel provided great service. You can always tell how.well something works when there is a major problem. We had the power go out just on dinner time. The staff came often to keep us informed of what was happening. When it came out that the power wasn't coming back on they got our dinner out then moved us to another hotel with power. All staff help out to make it as easy as possible. Well done. On my return visit 2 weeks later the power was on all night. Yay. Food here is still great.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Traveller_JohnR
Hi John,
Thank you again for your review, I am glad you again enjoyed your time with us. The staff here are some of the best I have worked with in my 30 years in Hospitality, they show great composure and team work and yet are still very young.I will pass on your kind remarks to all the staff and to Peter the Chef. Thank you again, Tim Campion GM
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed one night, and that was enough. The air conditioner was so loud, we felt like an aircraft was taking off in our bedroom. If we turned it off, it was a sauna. Couldn't open anything, it was too hot. Terrible sleep.
We went to the sports bar to watch the football, but as the locals had taken all TVs, we decided to buy a couple of drinks and take them back to our room. Couldn't do it. Only some of the rooms had a "licence " for drinks. Yeah, figure that out. Went to the restaurant to eat. Oh, it was shut for the season. Nobody informed us on arrival. Everything is old and in need of a good refurb. The prices though are very high. Pity the standard isn't the same.

Not a pleasant experience. Never again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eirinoula
Tim C, General Manager at Kimberley Hotel Halls Creek, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hello Eirinola,
Sorry to hear that you time with us was less than a happy one, we are in the process of upgrading our rooms to split systems which are slightly quieter, whilst a little noisier the older box style are still serviced and functional. There are five TV screens including a big screen in the bar so I find it hard to imagine that you could not see the football, we had about 180 people watching State of Origin with no problems and the majority were fed by the outstanding quality meals available in the Sportsbar.
With the licencing issue on the rooms, there has been an application in with the authority since April and has not been approved and like everyone else we have to abide by the law.
Lastly, the facilities in the rooms are upgraded as required and I disagree with you that everything is old and in need of a refurb we certainly do our very best to provide a pleasant stop over on a trip to the Kimberley. I apologise that we did not meet your standard and am sorry to hear you will not be returning in the future. I have found in my time here that the more time you spend here the more you fall for the place

Travelers are raving about these Halls Creek hotels

Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Found the staff unable to attend or control noisy guest that were allowed to drink and talk till 5 in the morning outside their room. They were not contactable after a certain time and we were left to suffer. Management need to set up procedures to deal with this. Believe the noisemakers were local. Most distressed as they have a policy in book that guests to enjoy peaceful, undisturbed rest
And expect young girls to control this.management need to step up and be contactable and deal with this immediately

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sharon C
Hello Sharon,
My apologies your stay with us was less than memorable due to a couple of loud tradies .It has been my experience in the past that girls are more likely to quiet down men or boys than a confrontation with a male. Then there are some people who will just will not listen to any reason. I have fined the gentlemen quite substantially for their behaviour and I have addressed with my managers future issues that may arise. I sincerely apologise for their behaviour. I hope the rest of the Hotel was satisfactory, meals and staff etc. Please if you return this way again make yourself known so that we may ensure your stay is much more enjoyable and restful next time.
Hotel Manager
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I didnt have very high expectations for a town so far away from everything. This place was a very big surprise. The rooms are large and clean. Had a little trouble getting the aircon to work but it was just a little glitch in the system. Restaurant was well presented and the food was of a high quality. Staff where very helpful. You would expect this quality in a city not in the middle of know where. Ill be back again for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Traveller_JohnR
Kimberley A, General Manager at Kimberley Hotel Halls Creek, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you John for your review, I am glad we could offer service that you did not expect. The staff here are a great asset and more so considering the broad geographic areas they come from. I am glad to hear you will be back. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Regards ‘
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Enjoyed the stay, lovely grounds and good room, although no curtains only slatted blinds - not great for morning sun. Tasteful decoration in room with a kitchen sink - bonus! Shower was very hot but curtain will be sucked in by heat and touch the body. Sports bar was lovely, wonderful food and nice aspect. Reception not wonderfully friendly. Cleaners welcoming. Stayed in executive room.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower side of property away from car park.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wendy h
Kimberley A, General Manager at Kimberley Hotel Halls Creek, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hello Wendy,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Seems we almost ticked all the boxes, I apologise that reception was a letdown for you. No excuses for your first greeting to be a grumpy one. Will readjust our normally welcoming and friendly staff happy switches. Thank you again for reviewing and choosing the Kimberley Hotel for your stay and we hope to see you again soon.
Tim Campion,
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Great sports bar in fact top class with big screen. Inviting pool. Good service. Neat and tidy and big rooms. Nicely dressed and well trained staff. Excellent food but very long wait as it gets busy. Huge range of beers including my current favourite Matsos chilli beer. Decent parking. Off the main road so nice and quiet. If you were very picky you could find problems but I don't think you can do too wrong with this hotel. It says what it does on the label.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank michealbryant
Kimberley A, General Manager at Kimberley Hotel Halls Creek, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Hi Michael,

Thank you for reviewing your visit to the Kimberley Hotel, I am glad to hear your time with us was pleasant and you enjoyed the Matso's on tap - we are lucky to be a part of a company that also owns such a great Brewery! I will pass on your comments to the staff and am glad we could provide a pleasant break and experience in your travels.
Thank you again and I hope your travels bring you back to the Kimberley region soon.

Tim Campion

Been to Kimberley Hotel Halls Creek? Share your experiences!