“I would stay here again.”
Review of Crossing Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fitzroy Crossing
Crossing Inn
“I would stay here again.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed 1 night in August 2013 in 1 of the river view rooms. The room was clean and presentable. The bathroom the same. If you've travelled outback and, in general, are familiar with what is charged and provided then I would rate this accommodation highly. The river are rooms are well worth the extra $10-20 charge.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Tropical2some

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Rooms are donga style & would be fine except they appear to be quite poorly cleaned & the disgusting sewerage stench coming from the shower drain was overpowering. Overpriced by about $100 in my opinion- we paid a whopping $245 for 1 night!!! Much to my displeasure. On a positive the Staff are very nice & food was nice. Hot water & air conditioning are always a bonus. We would have preferred our water jug to have clean water instead of frozen brown water but luckily we bought our own! If you have to stop over in Fitzroy I would probably stay at The Fitzroy River Lodge next time... I don't think I will be back to stay at The Crossing Inn but they are owned by the same person....

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank WA_traveller2013
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here for one night, wouldn't do so again.

The rooms are dongas - prefab transportable rooms with a tiny bathroom. The curtains do not cover the windows properly leaving the bed visible from the rear walkway. The bathroom insect screens were letting bugs through - who flocked to the light every time you turned the light on.

The only good things were hot water and air conditioning - otherwise I'd recommend bush camping.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

All other reviews pretty accurate which is sometimes rare as a lot of disgruntled customers speak loudest. This place has tiny donga style rooms which are neat enough but a little damp smelling from all in one bathroom. Grounds nice with authentic Kimberley bar. Check in was closed when I wanted to check in. Bet it is awesome with river running. Cost seemed extortionate as I paid 190 a room on corporate rates. If you want a true Kimberley experience go for it. If you are picky this is not for you.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank michealbryant
Broome, Australia
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Didn't expect much from the room as I have stayed here before but the meal I had was very good . I could tell the chef had put a lot of effort in to presentation and the flavours were good . I you are looking for a Kimberley experience this is the place to stay ! The rooms view and bird life is awesome . One negative there is a pres sure pump that runs all night And is quite noisy

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Alan C
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 17, 2012

After traveling around Western Australia we decided to stop at Crossing Inn, the website is very different to actual place. what a big mistake. We booked in for one night staying on a powered site. The facilities where terrible looked they hadn't been cleaned for about 6 months and it had a bad smell. Site needs knocking down and rebuilding.

Sum it up in one word 'Rancid'

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wild-star77
Singleton
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have just stayed here for two nights in a row. The rooms were dongas that you find on a mining camp, only smaller and on stilts. The food was revolting, and after I checked out then checked back in that night because I had to stay in town for the next day, they gave me the same room and it had not been cleaned. My towels from that morning were still on the floor. Just to top it off I went to get breakfast hat morning and waited in the restaurant for 20 minutes and no one came to serve me. I went to reception and asked what was going on, the manager advised me that there is no chef on mornings at the moment and I was to just help myself to a continental breakfast. By then it was to late as I needed to get moving. I will never ever stay here again!!!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Dave S

Been to Crossing Inn? Share your experiences!