“At the Esplanade”

Comfort Inn Bay of Isles
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Esperance
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Nicely located motel along the Esplanade of Esperance, overlooking the sea. Rooms have no sea view. The motel is just like all other motels. Comfortable accommodation, but nothing more to tell about. Internet is free.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 20, 2012

The main problem for this place is the owner Jeff who has an attitude and arrogance that I had hoped was long gone from this industry. My partner and 2yo were playing on the swing when another guest pointed out it was held together with cable ties and had a date stamped on it to be replaced in 2009. I spoke to reception and was passed onto the owner Jeff who pointed out how busy he was and gave me a lecture on how difficult it was to run a fully booked motel and that if I had a problem with the swing I could stop using it or go and stay somewhere else!! In short he couldn't care less, was very rude but more importantly was not going to do anything about the swing that has the very real potential to cause serious injury to someones child. Makes you wonder what other safety issues you can't see are being ignored due to poor management. Having read some of the other reviews here it seems the owner comes up in all the bad ones. Maybe time for Comfort Inn to look at what their name is being associated with.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The hotel is located right on the esplanade which was perfect for our morning runs. The decor in the room is dated but our room was large, spacious, well equipped and clean. We were impressed with the bathroom it has a very large bath which was great to relax in and as my husband was working the desk and the wifi provided made it very easy. We could not hear noise from other rooms at all. The only downside I thought is tat you pro your car right at the front of your room door so if your looking for a sleep in you probably can't as you hear everyone's car starts it thing in the morning. The hotel also attracts alotof bus tours which I saw as a bonus. Highly recommend this hotel as a place to sty. Food in the restaurant is also very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My partner and I decided to stay here for one night on our travels, we loved it so much we booked for a second night, rooms were great nice and clean, comfy beds and a nice bathroom with a bath and shower, modern inside and quite, just across the road is the beautiful beach, they even had a nice clean pool and a hot spa that cost only two dollars to run it for a half an hour. Also they have guest laundry with washing machines and dryers for a minimal cost. They also have a lovely restaurant with a great menu, would thoroughly recommend it.

Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I didn't check to see if this apartment was located on the Esplanade as per address of the Motel complex. When we were given directions to the apartment, we found it on a side street with no view of the ocean as I had expected. I wrongly assumed our apartment was located at the same address of the actual motel which was opposite the ocean waterfront. My mistake for not clarifying this but maybe the motel should clarify the apartment location at time of booking.

The kitchen utensils were missing a few necessary items which I have found are always included in self contained apartments I have stayed in eg, salad bowl, mixing bowl, spatula/egg flip.

Heater upstairs and in bedroom was an excellent addition.

A lovely apartment for a family's holiday.

Room Tip: Main bedroom had plenty of room, 2nd bedroom had double bunk and additional single bed lacked a bin...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012

A really comfortable room, good location and great restaurant (with exceptional staff) keeps me coming back here.

This is my third stay in the comfort Inn Bay of Isles - it has never disappointed me.

The rooms are clean and tidy, the bathroom in my room was recently updated and was immaculately clean - which is a big plus for me.

The beds and soft furnishing in the rooms all looked really new, and were of a good standard - much better than some Perth hotels.

Even a 50" plasma TV in the room!

The comfort inn has free guest wi-fi and an extensive room-service menu from the on-site restaurant Eljay's... If you don't' feel ilke hiding in your room, a visit to the restaurant and bar is worth it, the ambience is friendly and bright, the restaurant is often busy and reservations are at times a requirement - although the staff do their best to fit you in where they can.

I don't think that I'll need to even consider an alternative in Esperence - the team at Comfort Inn bay of Isles should tell some other Hotels how to run a business!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2012

As with many hotels in the Comfort brand, this hotel needs upgrading. Nicer bedding, and more modern feel all around would make a huge difference. Overall the staff were lovely, it's conveniently located, and it's priced on par with similar accommodation in Esperance. However I would recommend staying at one of the many independent or boutique let's in town, as we did after the first night of our stay.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple