“Rude receptionist”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Esperance
Pink Lake Tourist Park
Horgen, Switzerland
“Rude receptionist”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

After reading positive reviews we wanted to set up our tent in the Pink Lake Tourist Park. We wanted to book an unpowered site, whereas the receptionist told us in a very rude and insulting tone, that if it was our intention to steal electricity from powered sites they would notice and charge extra. If the Tourist Park thinks it is welcoming the guests with such accusations, we'd rather look for friendlier camping parks.

Stayed February 2014
6 Thank ozzytraveller55

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mandurah, Australia
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We, husband myself and a 9 year old girl, set up for 4 nights during January 2014. At first we we're put on a very small square of dirt.....I asked if there were any grassy spots (like those in the photos) and at that moment, the park was booked out. However... I would have to sing 'Carols' praises, as she went above and beyond, called us and said she had a cancellation...needless to say we then had out nice grassy spot with a square of shade cloth pinned to the ground to reduce dirt coming into the van. I would have to say that I have learnt from this experience... When you book your van site and they ask what size is your van?... Tell them it's 22foot and over or you will get a tiny spot, and you pay exactly the same rate regardless of the size of your van.
Esperance is under foreshore construction presently. Not so pretty, but lucky bay is certainly worth the drive!
The inflatable pillow was a hit with my daughter too.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Tracy S
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Australia
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

I was looking to book my husband and 4 other single men in for accommodation in Esperance as they were going on a fishing charter, one of the last places I called was pink lake caravan park.

I spoke to Lance who told me they had 2 side by side chalets available and it would sleep the 5 guys.

I asked the check in time and Lance said 10am, being from a hospitality background I re confirmed it was 10am and Lance said yes. I asked about check out time he said 10am. I thought this was unusual but I reconfirmed it with him so that's the times I told my husband.

On the Friday my husband and mates arrived at 10am to be rudely told that check isn't until 2pm , on saying we were told 10am the lady by the name of Karen rudely told my husband that she didn't make the booking and that the guy that did is the owner and he would never tell someone check in is at 10am... Basically calling me a liar!

On arriving at the chalets they found only the double bed had been made in each chalet, he returned to the office to be told that they only make the double beds and they would have to pay $12 per linen pack they required an that this was in the terms and conditions in the email confirmation and on their website.

My husband called me and I then re checked the email and it did not mention this at all or the extra cost, I had already paid for 5 guys to stay at the time of making the booking.

I then rang the park directly and spoke to Karen who I could hear counting the boys money for the linen packs, as they had no other option. She rudely ignored me and I could tell didn't care about what I was asking and telling her. I told her I had read the email and it mentioned nothing about linen she told me it was on the website, I checked that too as it was a bit deceitful in the description but still did not mention the additional cost of linen. I also advise that I didn't book on the website I rang direct and it was never mentioned that only one bed was made up... Otherwise as well as paying for 5 people I would have paid for extra linen.

So I kindly told Karen she should maybe have a word with Lance, I wasn't aware at this time he was the owner, that she should advise him to mention the linen when taking phone bookings because if I knew there was no linen I would have made sure the boys took their own. To this she didn't reply at all.

Then on checking out on Sunday at 8am the office was unattended so my husband was unable to mention the large amount of ants that had infested his chalet through the cracks in the floor.

Overall we won't be recommending Pink Lake in the future and will advise people against staying here.

It may only be a caravan park but a little customer service goes a long way, it also doesn't pay to tell a husband his wife is a liar!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
13 Thank Sinea12
Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed for one night in an ensuite cabin. It was a spur of the moment booking and the owner Claire was extremely helpful with getting us booked in. Nothing was too much trouble and she was very friendly.
We stayed in a cabin which was basically one room with 2 bunk beds, kitchenette, small dining table and double bed. There was what looked like a new ensuite built off to the side with shower, toilet and vanity. Even though the cabin itself was quite small, it was very clean and well equipped. The price was quite reasonable.
There are a few playgrounds for kids and a jumping pillow. The grounds look very clean and well maintained.
The park is a short drive from the main town and there is an IGA supermarket just down the road.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

We camped here on a powered site and we're given the choice of three spots to set up on. Nice grass for our tent. No power issues. Bathrooms nice and well maintained. The hugest shower cubicles I've seen to date! Nice inclosed camp kitchen. This place was very reasonably priced, and as a result you have to pay for the extras, which we thought was great, instead of having to pay for things we rarely use. Great play areas for the kids. Pet friendly. Out of town a little, but not much, and quieter anyway.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank monandben08
Townsville, Australia
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Great park away from Town, weather wasn't so good so we opted away from the beachside parks. Quiet, secure, clean, pet friendly and just a short drive from town. Jumping Pillow looked like a lot of fun!

• Stayed October 2013
Perth
Reviewed October 9, 2013

One of the best caravan park I have ever been to, the staff was very friendly, the cabins were clean and comfy, we had one of the best time ever at the park. Everything was in the close vicinity, tourist spots, IGA, food stores. Will visit again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family