“Disappointed”

The Jetty Resort
Kalgoorlie, Western Australia, Australia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Was noisy and very dated (furniture worn, bedding old and dusty) needed a good clean for the price paid during off season - construction outside on pavement, started at 6am on Saturday and Sunday not very peaceful at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank K8tiepie85
RodPam, Manager at The Jetty Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
I understand your comments about the construction noise early on a weekend and wish we could have prevented this in some way for you, however the whole of the Esplanade Foreshore is undergoing this redevelopment and no hotel is privy to the work time table. I know the end result will be fantastic though. We cannot wait! The hotel is also undergoing renovations as we have identified the need to update the rooms. Thank you for your comments- we have taken them on board

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Pinjarra, Australia
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Looked forward to a great stay..all seemed like it was made for us. Not so, very noisy, all noise carries through the apartments especially the spas and water running. The apartment was not that clean, carpets filthy and broken equipment. We had booked in July and still found the place not prepared. Balcony furniture with öld"bird droppings etc and the undercover carpark was disgusting. Dead birds, droppings everywhere. You could say we were not fans of the place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jane W
RodPam, Manager at The Jetty Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your honest comments. Just to let you know the car park and building are now undergoing extensive cleaning after the majority of construction work has been finished and all nesting birds have been relocated. Birds have been an issue for us due to the construction work but we are now at the end of this and have been able to begin the clean up process. RE the apartment not being cleaned and broken equipment – Please always just contact reception and we will be able to address any issues like these immediately. We aim to offer the very best in service and appreciate it when guest communicate their needs directly so we can attend to the matter promptly. We can also solve any issues when you are in house.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 20, 2013

After reading The Jetty Resorts' response to Kalgoorlie C's review I want to make it clear that I telephoned reception but no one answered. I worked very long hours during my stay and did not have the time, or see why I should have to, chase up someone to make them aware of the problems with the room. It is not up to customers to do this. It should not be necessary. I wanted to provide feedback when I checked out. I had advised of my checkout time but the office was closed. Over the intercom I was told to put my room key in the letter box.

There was no remote for the aircon/heater. You cannot ring reception from the room. I dialled it as if from an outside no. It was as soon as I checked in. No answer. No answering machine. Nothing. When I picked up the phone it was covered in dust. The same applied to the rest of the place. It was dirty. I removed a bunch of public hair from next to the sink, tried to wipe down the sticky dirty table, could not get the glob of butter off the kitchen bench and gave up. There is no surface cleaner so I did my best with dish washing liquid. The couch collapsed when I sat on it. If there is wifi I was not given a password. I tried to ring to get it but as I said, and another reviewer pointed out, you must need to traipse back to the office to tell them what they should already know, and I wasn't willing to do that when I checked in late in the evening. It would prob have been closed anyway. The dishes were not clean and the only blanket on the bed worn and old. The carpet was stained. The small balcony overlooking the beach was covered in bird poo which had clearly been there a long time. It was on half of the small table on the tiny balcony. No point asking someone to come and start trying to get it off. It was baked on. You can barely fit two chairs and a tiny table on the balcony and the big aircon unit is next to you. Not romantic or very nice. It is a pity to waste the location. The bed room curtain was broken so it didn't close properly. Thetrack needs replacing. i couldn't fix it. The shower was only hot enough with only the hot tap on. Not much water pressure. I had a spa but did not have time to use it, and would not. Everything is starting to rust and someone who visited me in the room pointed out the poor condition of the ceiling and wall near the entry door. I never worked out how to get the light outside my door to work. I guess I could have cont. to call the office until someone was there or trapse over to it but I was to busy, and based on the reviews here, which are very fair, the other rooms may have been worse. Basically the place is ageing and has not been maintained. It is also dirty. I can't forgive pubic hair next to the sink and a dirty worn out blanket. There is only the one old scratchy Sherpa blanket on the bed. I found a blanket in the cupboard but it didn't look any better.

The reviews here are accurate and fair. Even if a place is not maintained, it should be clean, and a cheap new doona from Target will do wonders for the rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Groovingonthemove
RodPam, Manager at The Jetty Resort, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am disappointed to hear your experience was not up to your expectation and would have loved to have caught up to speak personally. Like yourself many of our guests move outside of our office hours so we provide a maintenance request and feedback form in the rooms for all guests to complete. This way we can follow up on specific items regarding your stay. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and expect high standards from our staff but it seems there was an oversight on this occasion for which we are sorry. You are most welcome to contact us directly to discuss the matter, and be assured this has been brought to the immediate attention of all staff concerned.
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had two nights here and enjoyed our stay in a standard unit in the red brick building which does not have a view but that was ok as we were out during the day exploring the wonderful coastline. The unit was clean, comfortable and well fitted out. We found the staff friendly and helpful and if over that way again will stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RodPam, Manager at The Jetty Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your honest comments. We are very happy to hear you liked the Resort and its location and we welcome you back anytime. The beaches are always waiting too!
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Paid $145 a night and got a room that had dirty windows and marks the over the walls and roof.
day one we opened the window to have a heap of baby spiders come in and couldn't shut it.
And don't even try and get in the shower if your over 120kgs thank god I'm just under that. And it's the worst shower I have ever had.
And anyone can walk off the street into the under ground car park.

Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Kalgoorlie C
RodPam, Manager at The Jetty Resort, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
It appears on this occasion that social media has replaced the art of verbal communication. Our reception and maintenance team are always on hand to remedy any such issues. We encourage all guests to contact us immediately. Just let us know next time and you will be amazed at what can be done to make your stay a most enjoyable one
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our experience staying at the jetty resort. It was very clean and tidy and the staff where very helpful telling us where the best places to eat (loose as a goose, recommend it!) and where the best things were to see! It was close to everything and had good parking.

• Stayed August 2013
RodPam, Manager at The Jetty Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you very much for the kind words- That is our aim ! Simply a lovely experience all round. At the Resort and in beautiful Esperance
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night in a standard room. The amenities are great (guest laundry, pool, BBQ area). The inside of our kitchen and bathroom however were in dire need of a reno considering the standard of the rest of the resort. Great service (they accommodated for our late arrival) and amazing location on the water front.

• Stayed August 2013
RodPam, Manager at The Jetty Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
So glad you loved our waterfront location - We think it is special too ! Thank you also for your honest comments re the renovations. We are working through these now