“Not Impressed”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Mill Spring, North Carolina
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Before we ate at this restaurant, we got their take-out menu to see what was served. The menu offered an Italian and American cuisine. When we walked into the restaurant there was no aroma of Italian cooking, so I considered walking out, but. . . We ordered the pasta with marinara and the pasta with meat sauce and meatballs. The sauces are homemade, but the marinara sauce was horrible, for it had a strange taste. The meat sauce was alright at best, but the meatballs were not--they were small and tasteless. The pasta was soft, overcooked, far beyond firm to the bite. There were diffidently no Italians in this kitchen. The blonde haired waitress was very sweet and friendly, and about as Italian as the food we didn't finish. We also ordered hot wings, which were overcooked, and their sauce was overpowering with the taste of chili powder. I wouldn't eat here again, and my wife was less impressed than I was.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank mrphyjammusashi

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very Impressed!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was our first visit to Gregory's. This restaurant is within a couple miles from the bed and breakfast we stay at, and we liked the menu we had the opportunity to look through.

My husband and I both chose wings for our dinner, and we both were impressed. I had the teriyaki and BBQ, and my husband had teriyaki and mild, and we both had the ranch for our dipping sauce. The BBQ sauce used was homemade, and had a great tang to it-loved it! My husband was more amazed at the size of the wings--he said they were bigger than any other place he's been to.

We were pretty full after all of that, but decided to take a piece of cake back to the B&B where we stayed for later. So glad it was only one piece-it was HUGE! (And very delicious too!)

The staff we interacted with was very pleasant as well as helpful. You can tell they all enjoy their job, and that they love what they do-that makes a huge difference!

Of course we will be back the next time we are in the area--looking forward to trying some of the other hot ticket items on their menu!

• Visited October 2013