“One of the Best Mexican Restaurants I've Ever Visited” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mi Pueblito Mexican Restaurant

Mi Pueblito Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lake Lure, North Carolina
“One of the Best Mexican Restaurants I've Ever Visited”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Took my wife here on January 1st for her birthday. She picked the spot. I was blown away as since the last time I was here, they have COMPLETELY remodeled and it is beautiful. The parking and landscaping were outstanding. Clean, bright and very Mexican atmosphere. Started off shaky as the waiter spilled a class of water down my wife's back, but he was very apologetic and it was just water, so she shook it off -- literally and figuratively.

The menu is expanded and large -- had a hard time picking something. While we were deciding, we were plied with baskets of chips and invited to try out their Salsa Bar....yep! A SALSA BAR. They had about a dozen different types to sample and they were all excellent. I'd go back just for that and there's no extra charge for it. We finally decided on our dishes and even order a few side dishes as it was a birthday party.

The food came out quickly and piping hot. The food was outstanding! Better than Mexican restaurants I've eaten in places like Texas, California and Florida. Far better than the ones I visited in Mexico! Generous portions and at very reasonable prices. The waiter was excellent at checking on us and keeping our drinks filled. All six of us ate for about 65 bucks plus tip. They even brought out a very tasty and unique dessert for my wife and did the schlocky Mexican hat deal with Happy Birthday in Spanish, but it was all great fun.

We are going to make visiting Mi Pueblito's a regular stop every time we visit our second home in Lake Lure. Well worth the 30 minute drive!

• Visited January 2014