“Wonderful Venue”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rutherfordton
Green River Plantation Inn
Reviewed July 17, 2011

My wife and I recently had our wedding reception at the Green River Plantation. It was just a tremendous experience. Ms. Amanda Cantrell is a top-notch hostess and organized everything to perfection. The food was outstanding and the service was impeccable. Ms. Cantrell also prepared our wedding cake which was beautiful and delicious! We stayed at the plantation on our wedding night and this was also great! The next morning we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast in the main Green River House. As a southern history buff...I was blown away and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ajacksonmoore

Reviewed May 26, 2011

The Green River Plantation worked out perfect for our son's wedding. It turned out absolutely beautiful. We were very pleased with everything. The rehearsal dinner was held here on Saturday night. The ceremony was on Sunday We added the horse and carriage it carried the Bride in then after the ceremony it carried the Bride and Groom off what a great addition.
Amanda and her staff took care of all the food for the rehearsal dinner and reception. They did all of the decorations for the reception and ceremony. Amanda made a beautiful wedding cake. They were great to work with. So many comments from friends and family about how pretty everything was.
We also used a DJ for the reception referred to us by Amanda. I recommend him.
We had two of the Bed & Breakfast rooms with breakfast each morning and that was also outstanding.
Thanks to everyone at Green River Plantation for such a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Just call Amanda and she will help you.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2010

I recently was married at Green River Plantation and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. Everything was amazing! The venue, the food, the service. I live in Charlotte but have family in Rutherfordton. After looking at the cost of having my wedding in Charlotte I could not have gotten all that I go at Green River and still have stayed within my budget. My guests raved for weeks about how gorgeous the wedding was and how amazing the food was! If I had it to do all over again I wouldn't have changed a thing. Thanks Amanda!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed October 21, 2010

My daughter and I visited numerous outdoor sites for her October, 2010 wedding. After visiting Green River and meeting with Amanda, we knew we found the perfect venue. Not only is the plantation gorgeous, but it was a place we could have rooms for the night, rehearsal dinner, wedding itself and reception all at one location. The rehearsal dinner in the Tea Room was excellent. The food we chose for the reception was delicious and the staff was very professional. Amanda and Ellen bent over backwards to accomodate all of our requests. I would definitely recommend Green River Plantation and I look forward to a weekend visit there during the Christmas Holidays.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2010

My wife and I were married here 2-1/2 years ago and absolutely loved the service we received. We went back this weekend for a getaway Valentines Day and again were greeted with great hospitality and service. The breakfast was great and the room was clean and quiet. Just what we were looking for to get away from it all.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2009

My husband and I wanted to get married at a plantation. We found the Green River online and fell in love! We visited the Green River several times in preparing for our big day! The service and charm presented by the Green River staff made us feel right at home. We had a beautiful room and a wonderful breakfast served in the home. The plantation is intriguing due to its charm, it's timeless beauty, and it's history. The stories (some of the civil war, some of the families that made the plantation home) of the plantation shared by the staff will stay with us always! We can't wait to go back and visit.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2009

My daughter and and I looked at wedding venues within 100 miles of Spartanburg and knew when we saw Green River Plantation that we had found what we were looking for.
The Cantrell's are wonderful to work with. The plantation staff made the event effortless. The bridal dressing area in the Plantation was incredible and the food was exceptional. Our event was entirely outdoors, and despite heavy rain the week before, the drainage and effort of the staff made the venue pristine for the wedding.

You are an individual at Green River, and Amanda does everything possible to ensure that you have an phenomenal experience that you will remember with joy for years to come.

• Stayed: September 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutherfordton
Holiday Inn Express Forest City
#2 of 11 in Hendersonville
The Firehouse Inn
The Firehouse Inn
#2 of 4 in Rutherfordton

Been to Green River Plantation Inn? Share your experiences!