“Quality wines in a traditional setting”
Review of Rolf Binder

Rolf Binder
Ranked #17 of 36 things to do in Tanunda
More attraction details
Owner description: Rolf Binder, formerly Veritas, was established in Tanunda, the heart of the Barossa Valley, in 1955 by Rolf Heinrich Binder. Today second-generation Binder winemakers, Rolf and Christa, produce a range of highly acclaimed wines from estate and other premium Barossa vineyards. Rolf focuses on producing the red wines, for which he has received international acclaim, and Christa is recognised as one of the region's finest white wine makers. US wine critic, Robert Parker Junior describes Rolf Binder as "one of my favourite wineries, (whose) offerings are never excessively oaked, possess extraordinarily, ripe concentrated fruit, great individuality". Rolf Binder is one of the Barossa's most consistent smaller winemakers. In addition to the wine business are two Bed & Breakfast properties - Hanisch Haus & Veritas Cottage. If you wish to review our business, we would appreciate specific details including date/time of visit, etc. Many thanks.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was our first winery visited along Seppeltsfield Road. Staff were friendly and helpful and the wine was great to try. The cellar door area was a little cold but not uncomfortable, but the wine soon warmed you up.

A great first stop when working your way along an iconic road.

Worth a visit

Rolf B, Owner at Rolf Binder, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Our heating is being installed next week so hoping your next visit will be warmer! The reds are still working their magic though ;)
Hope to see you again... Cynthia & Rolf

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Fun cellar door, served by the wine maker. Very friendly, great selection of delicious wine. Happy to answer any questions and spend time having a chat about the area and made was very informative.

Rolf B, Owner at Rolf Binder, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Great to hear you enjoyed your time at cellar door & meeting Rolf over a Bulls Blood! It's a great wine, especially at this time of the year :)
Cheers, Cynthia & Rolf

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Rolf/Christa,
It would've been nice to sample more of your reds that I have read abut such as The Hanisch and your standard Shiraz. I would've gladly accepted a paid tasting to do this

Rolf B, Owner at Rolf Binder, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Apologies for the late response but we've had problems with access to the page. All sorted now!
Since your review, we have actually implemented a 'tasting fee' so that we are able to open up other premium wines for visitors. Unfortunately it is rare that we open a Hanisch Shiraz as it is one that we make in such limited quantity - only 125 dozen produced & quickly allocated to those that know and collect the wine.
Hope to see you again at cellar door!
Cynthia and Rolf

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have now been to almost every winery near Tanunda. For the money the best wine comes from Veritas. I am a red wine drinker and the quality and value is awesome, however Julie got me to taste some whites crafted by Rolf Binder's sister Krista. I am now also a white drinker !
Besides the great wine what really makes this winery is the cellar door manager Julie. She is just a bubbly gem. I hope they realise how lucky they are to have her.
I have taken Veritas wines to a wine super expert friend of mine. She gave it the thumbs up which is a relief as in the past I had to spend heaps on wine when visiting her. She loved the basic shiraz which sells for around $20

Rolf B, Manager at Rolf Binder, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Apologies for the late response but we've had problems with access to the page. All sorted now.
Julie is no longer with us, but I'm sure she appreciated your nice comments. Also nice to hear that you enjoyed Christa's white wines -- she's one very clever winemaker! Just releasing her 2013 Riesling now & it's gorgeous, so check that one out if you can :)
We hope you come back and see us again sometime...more friendly staff waiting to meet you!
Cynthia

Reviewed May 22, 2012

We sampled a Rolf Binder wine over dinner one night in the Barossa, and made for the cellar door the next day.
I was really pleased with the interest shown by the cellar door attendant, and we had a fun time sampling their wares, and then....buying them!
I'm happy to have a few bottles from this most enjoyable winery in my wine cupboard. I'll be confident to buy this label again in future.

Rolf B, Manager at Rolf Binder, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Great to hear you enjoyed your visit & the wines! It's amazing how many people visit us after drinking one of our wines at a local restaurant. Have you been able to find a few more since your visit? Sing out if you're ready to enjoy them again! :)
Hope to see you back at cellar door again sometime...
Cynthia